Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello,
I am the spouse of a 43 year old adoptee. My wife dropped the “I love you but I’m not in love with you” bomb on me in July. She said she needed space and She has been staying at a friend’s house each night since then, so we are essentially separated. She has said she wants to divorce though has never used that word.
My sense is that she is running from an internal issue she has been unable to solve, and therefore feels she’s been “unhappy.” She located her birth mother 20 years ago, and while they’ve communicated some through the years, there’s been no “reunion.” She located 3 half-siblings via Facebook 2 years ago, but her birth mother has prevented her from forming a relationship with them as well, as they don’t know about my wife. She has no idea who her birth father is, and she has been trying to figure that out of late, too. I also found an application to “Long Lost Family” reality show that she sent in.
Does anyone have any experience with marital problems and spouses who are struggling with adoption issues? Any information is helpful.
Thank you.