Advertisements
Advertisements
Hey guys!!! I am a student who has to interview a couple (at least 2 to 4) people who are associated with the foster care system.
I wanted to interview at least 2 foster parents. And 2 people who work in the system. Maybe a social worker. If not then maybe 4 foster parents. I will post my questions here any hopefully I can get some good responses. Please help me out.
Foster Care Discussion Guide
What made you want to become a foster parent? Possible follow up: Were there any personal reasons that helped drive you to start fostering?
How long have you been a foster parent?
What were some of the challenges you had when first starting out as a foster parent?
What sort of screening did you have to do/go through?
What are some of the challenges you have faced while raising foster children? For example: Maybe problems you had with the Foster agency. Maybe problems associated with a certain group of children you took in.
If you have any biological children, how did/do they feel about you being a foster parent?
What sorts of problems do some foster children come with? Meaning, if they came from an abuse situation, is it hard for them to adapt to new people/strangers? Maybe they have trust issues.
Questions geared towards Teacher/Foster/Social worker
Tell me about your background and how you came to work with the foster care system or teach about it or help volunteer?
What are common problems that children encounter in the system? And or parents?
What made you interested in becoming part of the foster care system?
What do you know about foster care? In terms of how they handle child abuse.
If a child is claiming that their foster parents’ relatives are abusing them, it becomes the foster child vs the foster family. What happens to the child in that situation? Example: Do they get relocated? What happens with the foster family?
What sort of problems do you see within the foster care system? With children, parents etc.
-----------------------------------------------
Sample plan
I want to find out what’s known about the foster care system from people who are part of it or associate with it.
What sort of problems are encountered from their perspective? Salient issues I want to identify homelessness, sex abuse, etc.
Advertisements