Advertisements
Advertisements
My birth mother who I shut out of my life because she treated me badly my whole life, well she sent me a note letting me know she is adopting 2 young girls. I know nothing about adoption process. Do the courts ask persons current children even if adults (I am 34) about how that parent treated them? I just need to know if I need to expect someone contacting me to ask me about how it was when I grew up? Do they look into the family of that parent adopting? I hope this makes sense, I am not great with explaining things.
Birth mother is adopting 2 kids.
I shut her out years ago cause of bad treatment whole life. Do courts reach out the birth kids to ask how they were treated and if they should let birth mother adopt?
Please let me know anything you can. Thank you.
Advertisements
My birth mother who I shut out of my life because she treated me badly my whole life, well she sent me a note letting me know she is adopting 2 young girls. I know nothing about adoption process. Do the courts ask persons current children even if adults (I am 34) about how that parent treated them? I just need to know if I need to expect someone contacting me to ask me about how it was when I grew up? Do they look into the family of that parent adopting? I hope this makes sense, I am not great with explaining things.
Birth mother is adopting 2 kids.
I shut her out years ago cause of bad treatment whole life. Do courts reach out the birth kids to ask how they were treated and if they should let birth mother adopt?
Please let me know anything you can. Thank you.
No, they will only contact you if your mother puts you down as a reference for her homestudy.