Advertisements
Advertisements
My husband and I have been fostering since our first placement August and the anxiety of the whole process is insane. We have our 5th placement right now, a beautiful baby girl that we hope to adopt eventually. Of course, going through the whole fostering process is so frustrating, I get so discouraged sometimes with the system. Our babies bio mom is young, this is her first baby and she has been very flakey with visits. She has come to 4 out of 16, so not the best record. We have court tomorrow where they will order her services and give her 6 months to complete. Though we don't actually believe she will be able to stay clean or even stay around bad people, the anxiety of it is killing me. How do you guys handle the anxiety of the unknown?
Honestly, I looked at it as they were all being reunited. My first placement was 2 sisters and they went to a family who could take all 5 siblings; that was the right thing to do but I was devastated. After that, I held it in until the judge banged the gavel.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements
Thanks! That's a good idea. I try to prepare myself every time that she will show up for the visits so I'm not disappointed if she does show. We don't think she will complete her case plan since she hasn't even started yet, so it's just that waiting game of 6 months or longer until they terminate services. Did any of your children's bio moms come to visits only and did not do anything else in the plan?