Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello I am looking for my birth parent/possible family members. I was born Dorean Maria Hovsepian to a Marina P Hovsepian on 9/11/1963. I was told she was 18 and of Romania descent and my father was 19 and Irish.My baptism record states 9/13/1963 froma St Margarets church in Dorchester Mass. I know there was a St, Marys home for unwed mothers nearby but I was told I was born at Mass General in Boston.I technically found out I was adopted at age 21 but knew from an early age I did not"belong". I have started searching since my last adopted parent died in 2009.I was told someone looked for me after I got adopted at age 2 when I lived in Waltham, Mass but that was the extent. I still have one thing from my past my 'real" grandmother made a needlepoint pic of a little girl kneeling praying....I still have that hung in my office....if any one has info....please feel free to reach out.
Advertisements
Dear Lisa,
My family had searched for a Marina Hovsepian for many years. She was born around 1945. We came to know her through an aunt of ours when we were children. Around the time you were born, this Marina had a baby girl. She told my sister that the baby was born with a hearing problem. We know that Marina grew up part of her early years in Watertown, then In Somerville, MA. She was born in Boston. She also mentioned that her brothers were trying to “get” the baby. I believe her brothers may still be in the Watertown area. Not sure if this could be the same woman but I felt compelled to answer your letter. If you know anything else, let me know. I wish you the best of luck in your search.
papower