Advertisements
Advertisements
I've wanted to foster (with intent of foster to adopt) for years. However, I live with my mom. It is her home, but we both contribute to the finances of it.. more like a roommate system. We don't exactly do 50/50 expenses, she pays some things and I pay some things. There is no mortgage on the house. I moved back in with her several years ago after my dad died to help her financially so she wouldn't lose her house and anymore I live here by choice. I have a good job and I've been in the same field for 20 years. I didn't do foster care in previous years because I worked nights/weekends and I was single. Now, I switched jobs a year and a half ago and have a standard M-F work schedule and I'm home at 5pm everyday. Her extent as a caregiver would be picking up from school, but really I can also do an after school program and/or daycare who picks up. School gets out around 3:30 and I work until 4:30 (I work for a school district in IT). Everything else would be me. I went to an orientation yesterday and the worker is following up with me on it after clarification but since we both contribute to the finances of the house she thought we both need to be put on as applicants?