Advertisements
Advertisements
So, my husband and I "failed" our homestudy, because my son is autistic, my youngest daughter has mental health problems (depression and anxiety), and my oldest daughter has ADD..... 2 of my kids are on an IEP, and one of them is on a 504.... None of my kids are violent, and none of them have any type of safety concerns with other kids. We are trying to gain custody of my children's little sister who just landed in foster care over a year ago. The reason for DCF failing us is because we have "too much going on".... How can I get a copy of the homestudy done by DCF, and what are our chances to contest this? Because my children's diagnosis and IEPs aren't going to go away any time soon... Autism never goes away, ADD never goes away, and mental illness can last a lifetime. What do I do? Is my children's little sister never going to be allowed to be with her siblings?
We passed the background check, and our home is in a safe neighborhood within a great school district. We have no prior criminal records or any history of abuse. We just want to keep the siblings together. How can they fail us due to our other children having neuropsychological disorders and mental health illness? What can I do? They couldn't find any other reason to fail us, other than "you have too much going on with the other 3".....
Have you written out how you deal with all this on an every day basis? It could be the caseworker thinks the foster child will get lost in the shuffle. Try explaining your daily routine, including how you deal with your kids' mental health diagnoses (although ADD should not have come into play). Who is the child with now?
So, my husband and I "failed" our homestudy, because my son is autistic, my youngest daughter has mental health problems (depression and anxiety), and my oldest daughter has ADD..... 2 of my kids are on an IEP, and one of them is on a 504.... None of my kids are violent, and none of them have any type of safety concerns with other kids. We are trying to gain custody of my children's little sister who just landed in foster care over a year ago. The reason for DCF failing us is because we have "too much going on".... How can I get a copy of the homestudy done by DCF, and what are our chances to contest this? Because my children's diagnosis and IEPs aren't going to go away any time soon... Autism never goes away, ADD never goes away, and mental illness can last a lifetime. What do I do? Is my children's little sister never going to be allowed to be with her siblings?
We passed the background check, and our home is in a safe neighborhood within a great school district. We have no prior criminal records or any history of abuse. We just want to keep the siblings together. How can they fail us due to our other children having neuropsychological disorders and mental health illness? What can I do? They couldn't find any other reason to fail us, other than "you have too much going on with the other 3".....
Advertisements
I have. I wrote out the benifits of us having resources encase our newest member ever needs assistance as well. My children's little sister is currently in foster care. It would be hossible to see her grow up in the care of the state instead of with her siblings where she belongs.