Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello,
My husband and I are considering becoming foster parents. We currently have two biological children - a 2.5 year old and a 1 year old. We would like to take foster children younger than our youngest, so under a year.
I don't want to make decisions out of fear, but I know false abuse allegations are common when fostering. This leads me to a few questions for this community:
1. Are false allegations less common when fostering infants, since they are not able to make the claims themselves?
2. How do false allegations affect your bio children? Are bio children ever taken from the home during investigations? And have you seen allegations be hard on bio children? Do case workers interview bio children?
Thank you so much for your time and insight! :)
Hi Jordan,
As foster parents, we had false allegations made in multiple CPS reports. We were fostering infants (birth-2 years), so the false claims were made by birth mom. Our biological children were never removed from our home, but they were questioned by CPS in our home. Even though it was unsettling, I reminded myself that we were loving and caring for our foster children and trusted CPS workers would recognize that (which they did). If you have any further questions, please let me know. We ended up adopting our youngest two through foster care (they happen to be the same infants that we had so many false allegations made against us).
Christie
Hello,
My husband and I are considering becoming foster parents. We currently have two biological children - a 2.5 year old and a 1 year old. We would like to take foster children younger than our youngest, so under a year.
I don't want to make decisions out of fear, but I know false abuse allegations are common when fostering. This leads me to a few questions for this community:
1. Are false allegations less common when fostering infants, since they are not able to make the claims themselves?
2. How do false allegations affect your bio children? Are bio children ever taken from the home during investigations? And have you seen allegations be hard on bio children? Do case workers interview bio children?
Thank you so much for your time and insight! :)
Advertisements
The predecessor to this forum was another more active adoption forum. False allegations were discussed frequently. I was accused 3 times. I have no bio children, just foster. Each time, they talked to each child. I wasn't there when this happened. None were taken from me. and I never knew who made the accusations.