Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi everyone!
I’m new here and new to foster care. I am a single foster mom to an amazing happy little baby! I love being a foster mom it’s something I have always wanted to do but I am currently dealing with a very difficult bio mom. I was communicating with her pretty often through a texting app and everything was going okay. She will make ridiculous request and seems to have very limited knowledge of babies. I’ve been told there is suspected mental illness so I have been trying my best to suggest different things and sharing articles with her when she has questions or suggests that i do something very age inappropriate. I have bit my tongue so many times but she is constantly ready to fight and tell me I’m doing something wrong. I go out of my way to be nice and send her pictures and videos but I am fed up! She is so mean all the time! And she is so confident in everything she says even though she is incorrect. It got to a point today where I had to block her from everything. I understand that she’s taking her anger out on me because her child was taken away and I understand that I’m sure she has natural feelings of jealousy and sadness and anger. I really do, but at the same time it’s so hard to deal with! She seems so entitled as if I owe it to her to constantly send her pictures and takes absolutely no responsibility for anything, just sees herself as a victim. She’s this way with everyone so I know I shouldn’t take it personally but it’s so hard not to. I do feel bad for blocking communication (other than a journal that goes back and forth) because I wanted to keep the relationship good for the sake of the child. But I’m just not seeing the benefits right now and it’s so hard to deal with. I guess I’m looking for advise or suggestions or even stories of struggles or successes dealing with bios.
Thanks!