Advertisements
Advertisements
Hey everyone,
My god-daughter, whom I and everyone call my niece, is a 18 month old toddler.
I need some advice/tips.
Throughout the day, she is totally fine without the breast. She will eat real food when she’s hungry. But once she falls asleep, she wakes up about 2/3 hours after her bedtime (8pm) and screams for the boob. If she doesn’t get it, she will scream and scream for hours on end. This happens at least 3x every night.
This is generally fine as her mother co-sleeps with her and just whips out the boob and the kiddo latches. All is fine and dandy. She wakes up and is back asleep within minutes of breastfeeding.
But the situation looks like she’s going to be taken from her mother and I’ve filed to be her foster mom. She loves me and knows me second best of anyone in this world behind her mom.
If she wakes up and cries for the boob, which I obviously do not have, she will not stop crying for at least 2 hours. note: No amount of bottles with formula, whole milk or non dairy milk, fruit/veggie pouches, shushing, etc. will help her. She will take the boob and only the boob.
Has anyone been placed with a breast-dependent toddler? And has some advice to help me with this?