Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello.
I need some advice as I am not sure what to think. I will be as brief as possible. My father is adopted I am his daughter. My dad knew his whole life he was adopted but never wanted to pursue finding his birth mother. He had visions of “showing up at her door” stating he was her son. He didn’t want to upset her and always felt he would meet her in heaven. In any event the rest of my family always wanted to know about his birth parents. About a year ago myself, my brother and my mom and dad joined Ancestry.com and we all took the DNA tests. Through Ancestry we were able to locate two first cousins (brother and sister).of my father on his mother’s side. To make a long story short we connected and they even came to visit my dad. Things went great! Everyone was excited to meet their new relatives. The two cousins had been searching for their Aunt (my dad’s birth mom) for many years. Now about a week and a half ago another DNA match popped up on Ancestry showing a female half sibling to my dad. The male cousin, I will refer to him as “cousin T.” Was able to find the half siblings phone number and called her and chatted with her. Come to find out dad has two more half siblings. Two female one male. Needless to say she was extremely shocked and taken aback. I was able to get her email address and I sent her history of dad and our family along with photos. Cousin T. Told me he sent half sibling a copy of the original birth certificate. (We were able to obtain the birth certificate showing his mother’s name but father listed as unknown). Half sibling keeps telling us she wants to talk with us and has all our contact info but has never called. Cousin T. Has been the only one to actually speak with her. Half sibling keeps putting us off telling us she will speak with brother and sister and call us but nothing. They keep telling us they are on vacation. I am not sure what to think. We were all so excited about this new development. I have to say that dad is almost 80 years old and cousins are in late seventies. Half sibling is in her 70’s and birth mother died in 1995. What do you think half siblings are thinking? Half sibling told Cousin T. Mother never spoke about her past and they knew nothing about her. Why would they not want to contact us? I need other opinions and thoughts as to how to proceed. I don’t know if I should leave it alone or try again to contact?
One thing to remember is your dad’s immediate family always knew he was adopted. Biological family members don’t always know. And when presented, they don’t welcome the adoptee. This happened to a friend of mine.
Hello.
I need some advice as I am not sure what to think. I will be as brief as possible. My father is adopted I am his daughter. My dad knew his whole life he was adopted but never wanted to pursue finding his birth mother. He had visions of “showing up at her door” stating he was her son. He didn’t want to upset her and always felt he would meet her in heaven. In any event the rest of my family always wanted to know about his birth parents. About a year ago myself, my brother and my mom and dad joined Ancestry.com and we all took the DNA tests. Through Ancestry we were able to locate two first cousins (brother and sister).of my father on his mother’s side. To make a long story short we connected and they even came to visit my dad. Things went great! Everyone was excited to meet their new relatives. The two cousins had been searching for their Aunt (my dad’s birth mom) for many years. Now about a week and a half ago another DNA match popped up on Ancestry showing a female half sibling to my dad. The male cousin, I will refer to him as “cousin T.” Was able to find the half siblings phone number and called her and chatted with her. Come to find out dad has two more half siblings. Two female one male. Needless to say she was extremely shocked and taken aback. I was able to get her email address and I sent her history of dad and our family along with photos. Cousin T. Told me he sent half sibling a copy of the original birth certificate. (We were able to obtain the birth certificate showing his mother’s name but father listed as unknown). Half sibling keeps telling us she wants to talk with us and has all our contact info but has never called. Cousin T. Has been the only one to actually speak with her. Half sibling keeps putting us off telling us she will speak with brother and sister and call us but nothing. They keep telling us they are on vacation. I am not sure what to think. We were all so excited about this new development. I have to say that dad is almost 80 years old and cousins are in late seventies. Half sibling is in her 70’s and birth mother died in 1995. What do you think half siblings are thinking? Half sibling told Cousin T. Mother never spoke about her past and they knew nothing about her. Why would they not want to contact us? I need other opinions and thoughts as to how to proceed. I don’t know if I should leave it alone or try again to contact?
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements
Hello.