Advertisements
Advertisements
Whew, this is a messy one.
For the sake of confusion (using fake names, of course), Bio mom "Jane" has lived with alleged bio dad "Bob" for the past 4 years and the claim is that they had two kids together (they are both in the care of my husband and I). They had a 1 year old and 2 year old "FC1" and "FC2". After the kids were removed Jane told CW that the 2y/o "FC2" actually had a different dad "Mr.X". Shortly after the kids were removed, Jane and Bob separated and the goal was reunification with Bob only.
According to our CW, Jane is mentally unfit and went AWOL months ago and has had several TPR's in the past. We are 7 months in and she hasn't even started services and has missed several court dates. Our CW considers her done. BUT, Bob has been doing his services and attending visitations somewhat regularly. Our CW actually said she was shocked that he managed to complete them. He has failed to bond with the kids though. The visitations are very traumatic and hard on the kids who have no bond to Bob who is their presumed father. The CW has been very open that our home is a much healthier environment for both kids.
Fast forward to last month in court. The judge realized that Jane said that Bob wasn't the actual dad (despite his confidence) and ordered a DNA test. Bob failed the paternity test for FC 2 and passed for FC 1. To make it more sad, FC 2 was clearly his favorite child. he even called FC 1 a "mistake" at one pointJane's claims of infidelity were true. We had been asking for DNA tests for MONTHS prior to this and the ad-litem and CW both blew us off and said "he signed XYZ paper so it doesn't matter in the eyes of the court". Well, apparently it does! I no longer trust CPS to give this case due diligence now that it has gotten more complicated.
Now what?
Do we still have to bring FC 2 to visitations with Bob? Can CPS still push to reunify FC 2 with Bob for the sake of not separating siblings? Can Bob and Jane make a plea to the judge to treat Bob like the rightful father even though no paternity was adjudicated?
We are in love with these kids and have secretly hoped for adoption all along. Is this even a possibility now?
Have y'all had any crazy stories like this?
At this point we feel like it's best for us to adopt them so they don't have to be split up and so that they don't have to go to someone who won't be able to take care of them adequately. We want to keep the kids together at all costs, and we are wondering if it's time to hire an additional attorney to help ensure that they stay together in a stable home. I'd love to hear y'alls experience, but please no hatefulness. We aren't against reunification, we just want whats best for these two innocent kids who have so much potential who have already been so egregiously neglected and abused .
Advertisements
Crap. Has Bm said who bio dad of fc2 might be? The problem is RU with bio dad or keeping siblings together. Pray. Although bio dad showing favoritism isn’t good. Pray.
Whew, this is a messy one.
For the sake of confusion (using fake names, of course), Bio mom "Jane" has lived with alleged bio dad "Bob" for the past 4 years and the claim is that they had two kids together (they are both in the care of my husband and I). They had a 1 year old and 2 year old "FC1" and "FC2". After the kids were removed Jane told CW that the 2y/o "FC2" actually had a different dad "Mr.X". Shortly after the kids were removed, Jane and Bob separated and the goal was reunification with Bob only.
According to our CW, Jane is mentally unfit and went AWOL months ago and has had several TPR's in the past. We are 7 months in and she hasn't even started services and has missed several court dates. Our CW considers her done. BUT, Bob has been doing his services and attending visitations somewhat regularly. Our CW actually said she was shocked that he managed to complete them. He has failed to bond with the kids though. The visitations are very traumatic and hard on the kids who have no bond to Bob who is their presumed father. The CW has been very open that our home is a much healthier environment for both kids.
Fast forward to last month in court. The judge realized that Jane said that Bob wasn't the actual dad (despite his confidence) and ordered a DNA test. Bob failed the paternity test for FC 2 and passed for FC 1. To make it more sad, FC 2 was clearly his favorite child. he even called FC 1 a "mistake" at one pointJane's claims of infidelity were true. We had been asking for DNA tests for MONTHS prior to this and the ad-litem and CW both blew us off and said "he signed XYZ paper so it doesn't matter in the eyes of the court". Well, apparently it does! I no longer trust CPS to give this case due diligence now that it has gotten more complicated.
Now what?
Do we still have to bring FC 2 to visitations with Bob? Can CPS still push to reunify FC 2 with Bob for the sake of not separating siblings? Can Bob and Jane make a plea to the judge to treat Bob like the rightful father even though no paternity was adjudicated?
We are in love with these kids and have secretly hoped for adoption all along. Is this even a possibility now?
Have y'all had any crazy stories like this?
At this point we feel like it's best for us to adopt them so they don't have to be split up and so that they don't have to go to someone who won't be able to take care of them adequately. We want to keep the kids together at all costs, and we are wondering if it's time to hire an additional attorney to help ensure that they stay together in a stable home. I'd love to hear y'alls experience, but please no hatefulness. We aren't against reunification, we just want whats best for these two innocent kids who have so much potential who have already been so egregiously neglected and abused .