Advertisements
Advertisements
We are relative foster parents to an 8 month old. He came to us from another home 2 months ago after a long ICPC. Prior foster parents (out of state) want to continue a relationship and we want to honor that, but we are wondering what the right level of contact is with an infant? Adoption is the permanency goal and we want to make sure baby’s bonding with us as his new parents. I’m concerned that the daily texts and multiple FaceTime visits a week are confusing, and taxing on all of us, socially and emotionally.
We know foster mom and dad are grieving, and they played such an important role in his life, that we want to honor that... at the same time, is it too much? Is there a thing as too much?
There have been a few red flags that make me feel like his previous foster parents do not want to let go. No one talks about this part of the transition and we aren’t sure where to begin talking about long-term expectations.
Depends. You should cut down gradually. I’m not sure how much an 8 month old will remember a lot..
We are relative foster parents to an 8 month old. He came to us from another home 2 months ago after a long ICPC. Prior foster parents (out of state) want to continue a relationship and we want to honor that, but we are wondering what the right level of contact is with an infant? Adoption is the permanency goal and we want to make sure baby’s bonding with us as his new parents. I’m concerned that the daily texts and multiple FaceTime visits a week are confusing, and taxing on all of us, socially and emotionally.
We know foster mom and dad are grieving, and they played such an important role in his life, that we want to honor that... at the same time, is it too much? Is there a thing as too much?
There have been a few red flags that make me feel like his previous foster parents do not want to let go. No one talks about this part of the transition and we aren’t sure where to begin talking about long-term expectations.
Advertisements