Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello Everyone,
I am new here, I was adopted. I found this site after researching how common it is for adopted parents to disown/ give up/ abandon their adopted children.
I am very bothered by the lack of support from case workers/ managers/ GAL after adoption placement.. No one attempted to keep in contact with me after I was dropped off at their home.
I was disowned by my adopted parents at 16, kicked out of my house and forced to marry a friend of mine from school. I had no one to talk to and no network of advocators. They took my checks from work so I also didn't have money at that time. They moved me 1100 miles from my home state right before that.
I wasn't a bad kid. I was a normal teenager, could be grumpy and mouthy, sassy and frustrated. I worked part time and went to school. Didn't have a real friend until I was 15.
It was basically the life they promised to help me stay away from when they decided to be my parents. I never turned to drugs, wasn't ever in trouble with the law. I was clinically depressed and they refused to seek treatment for me. But nothing I did would had made me deserve being treated like that. As a parent myself I am beyond disgusted in how they chose to handle things.
I wish there was a way to divorce them or to remove them from my personal information, a way to report them so they can't attempt to put another child through that. But there is nothing I can do. No one I have called has told me anything but "I'm sorry to hear that". Like, ok thanks.
Now I just feel broken and more alone. I don't have parents to call when I need someone, or to share my good news with, I don't have any extended family. Its just my husband, kids, and me. They are enough to me, but we all know the hole that our parents leave when they do that to us. Mine is twice as big.
This is absolutely unfair and I know there are many, MANY more people like me out there.
Let me know your experience.
SR