Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi everyone! I’m going to preface this with a few things. 1. I know this is a shot in the dark but besides DNA, I have no idea where to start. 2. This is EVERYTHING I know. Unfortunately it’s not much ☹️.
I am looking for someone that may be my half sister. I will go ahead and start with the story that I have always been told. My mom and my biological dad were married in 1995 and I was born in April of 1998. In December of 1998, my mom received a letter from a woman claiming that my biological dad had fathered her daughter who was born in September of 1998. My mom confronted my dad about the letter and he of course denied it, got so angry that he ripped the letter to shreds and threw it away. After that, my mom heard nothing from this woman ever again and obviously had no way of contacting her either. My parents got divorced in 2001 and my biological dad died in 2009. I was never able to ask him about this and my dad’s family refuses to speak about it, claiming they know nothing about this girl who may be my sister. I will also include that I discovered I had a half brother that I did not know about in 2012, and my bio dad was known to be very promiscuous so I know there is a good chance that this sister is actually real.
So anyway here are the facts that I know to be true:
1. This girl was born on or around September 23, 1998. My mom is almost certain that she remembers that being the day she was born according to the letter because that’s also my grandmother’s birthday. Admittedly, 22 years can definitely put a damper on memory so she said she could be wrong about that.
2. This girl would have been born in the Chicago area, most likely north of the city and even possibly north into southern Wisconsin. I was born in Hoffman Estates and that’s where my parents lived for the first few years of my life. My dad was from Antioch, IL. So I definitely believe she was born in the Chicago area. I’d be willing to bet Lake County, but could also be McHenry or Cook as well.
3. She would have likely had no birth father listed on her birth certificate. I don’t believe he would have signed a birth certificate for her.
That’s it, that’s all I have to go off of. I have recently sent in my DNA through Ancestry and am still waiting on results. 😞