Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi!
This is a bit unconventional of me but hey you never know what can happen in life- my name is Bianca and I am currently starting the adoption process. I can’t believe the emotional ups and downs that I hear/read about. It’s insane how hard it can be to adopt and yet there are so many children who need a home, or even a temporary safe place before going back to their parent/guardians.
I know many people go through agencies etc but I figured I would put this here in the forum- as I said before life works in mysterious ways.
I am divorced, after a 14 year relationship to my son’s father. My son is now 5 years old and I truly long for him to have a sibling and someone for him to grow up with. I have always wanted to adopt since I was a young girl and really hope with all my heart to have another child. I am a Special Education teacher for grades 7 and 8 students with multiple disabilities. I see many challenges on a daily but I try to embrace them as best I can and work with what I have!
I know that I may not have a “father figure” in the home but I also know that I will give this child anything and everything I can, especially my love, understanding and safety.
Sometimes as I am researching I feel like prospective parents wanting to adopt almost have to sell themselves in a competition.
I know I may sell short in some aspects of a “family unit” but I promise to offer all I can and provide as any family unit would .
If there is anyone reading this who is maybe thinking of placing their child for adoption or know of someone who has a child in need of a home, please let me know. I am going to be starting my home study and Pride Training this Jan/Feb 2020.
Thanks for taking the time to read this 💜
Last update on December 22, 1:01 am by Bianca Mar.