Advertisements
Advertisements
Birthdad died in accident and mom signed relinquishment papers. We have had baby since her birth except some visitation with BP over a few months . Paternal grandma does video chats once a month and we think she is going to try to fight for visitation after our adoption. She could not pass DCF to get custody and knew of trauma that baby was experiencing at her home with BP during visitation. Will we have a fight on our hands or after adoption we have control??? Anyone have experience? Baby is 2.
Speaking for grandmothers , I really think you should make a visitation agreement so the child can know his or her grandparentt, especially since the grandmother is not the reason the child was taken. It isnt fair to grandparents and extended family to lose their family to the system hen one person has hut the child. why punish the entire family? The child will grow up alley thinking all of their family tossed them away.
Advertisements
I agree . Grandparents are so important, but she is not stable enough to keep him for days at a time. An afternoon I am all for, but she is wanting extended visits. She allowed some really awful things happen in front of this baby so feel she needs shorter visits. Especially at his age. Maybe even supervised for awhile. So far we have only met her at parks so she can spend time with him but we stay nearby.