Advertisements
Advertisements
I’m at a loss. We have two foster sons sharing a bedroom ages 10 and 6. They are not related to each other and we have no other options other than them sharing a room. They did know each other prior to living together as we transitioned the 10 year old to our home from a group home where he received special services for adhd and aggression. He had been ready to move down to a foster home for 4 months by the time he started transitioning so we were hopeful that it would go well.
The sibling fighting between them is astronomical. Thankfully there’s very minimal physical contact (and I always inform social workers when it has gotten a little physical). They just can’t be in each other’s presence without arguing, name calling, instigating, etc.
Tonight they were supposed to be cleaning their room and I all of a sudden heard FS6 screaming at the top of his lungs. FS10 had pushed them into their closet and was holding the doors shut. I know it doesn’t sound THAT bad, especially for boys at this age, but this wasn’t a brotherly prank or the older one trying prove a point. Our FS6 is petrified of the dark and being alone. FS10 was trying to “torture” him, for lack of a better word. (That is an extreme word by I’m trying to communicate the intention behind his actions).
This is the first time that specific incident has happened but there have been plenty of other things FS10 has done to make FS6 sob. I need any advice and guidance on what to do, I can’t let FS6 keep going through this. Any help is appreciated, please and thank you!