Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi my name is chelsey I’m 22 years old (23 in May.) since I was 16 I have tried to have a baby ,but it has never happened . I do believe I might have some fertility issues , but am dealing with trauma with needles that won’t let me get blood drawn for certain tests I need to take to prove it. When I was 18 I sadly became addicted to heroin for about 1 year and a half I did not know it was heroin because my now ex husband told me it was something else. I never got in trouble with the law , my record is squeaky clean I have only ever gotten one ticket , never arrested either. I plan to adopt or foster in the future but I do worry that because of my drug problem in the past I might not be able to. Does anyone know anything about this ? Has anyone dealt with this kind of thing in the past? I have also made the decision of not having biological children because of addiction in my family and because my anxiety wouldn’t be good if I was pregnant & fear because of past depression I might get post partum depression. I would rather adopt & foster, but because of this part of my life I fear I might not :( I do also take care of a child through a government program that has done a background check on me and part of me hopes that If I can pass a background check to be a child care provider then I can pass a home study for adoption & foster. Thank you !
Side note: I know it must be weird when I say I have been trying to have kids since 16 I was in a deep depression & my parents were not there for me , i also felt so alone and thought at that age that a baby would make me feel less empty and I’d have someone there for me to love me. I also have raised many children since I was 16 and felt ready for motherhood at that age , i understand it sounds weird or different. I am grateful I did not become a teen mom, because I would’ve abandoned the baby when I was in my drug use & my partner at that time was abusive.