Advertisements
Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi. I was at the Door of Hope and had my son on 10/16/68. I may have been there the same time as you. Have you had any luck finding your child?
Laura Palmer
If you have a birthname & birthmom's name you can contact the Salvation Army in NY. I have the phone #. You can get your medical records. They couldn't find mine. Please let me know. Thanks.
Hello, You mentioned you had a phone # for Door of Hope. My mother was there and then gave birth to me 04/18/1951. Wonder if they would still have records from that time. I do know her name and my birth name.
nascar14, I was born in Jersey City on Sept 13, 1970. and adopted on Oct 30, 1970 thru United Famly and Childrens Society in Plainfield, NJ. I do not know what hospital I was born in. And i only just found out about these Salvation Army maternity homes. Maybe my mother was there with you as well?
nascar14
I was also there in 1970, I was on the hospital floor. My son was born October 17,1970 at Margaret Hague Hospital.
After talking to my adoption agency again today. They confirmed my mother was indeed at Door of Hope in Jersey City, New Jersey. They also told me both her and my father were both from out of state. DNA test in Dec seems to show the bulk of my relatives re in southern states, like Georgia, Texas, Florida, the Carolina's. Does anyone who was there around the time i was born, September 13, 1970, remember a girl that perhaps had a southern accents and was in her mid-20's?
Advertisements
Hi: I am looking for my late Aunt's daughter. Born 9/22/1968 in this location. Mother names Elizabeth Altobelli Hauser Father Edward Buchanan. My Aunt is from Elizabeth. She was 38 when she was born but in an Italian family in those days it was shunned. I don't know the baby's name but I want to find my cousin.
I was wondering if you had the # for the Salvation army...I was born in St. Mary's Hospital...but my birthmother was at the door of hope..in Jersey City. it was a place for unwed mothers. DOB Jan. 28, 1963. I don't know my birthmother's name,But I do know my name at birth Tracy Lynn Neebra(last name spelling not sure of)
Thank you for any help you can lend...Cheri
[/quote]
Last update on October 4, 1:08 pm by Lisa Fuentes.