Advertisements
Advertisements
This makes my heart sad. We had someone living fairly close in Penn go for about a month. They know that families are desperate and sadly use that to their advantage.
Advertisements
An update: the person contacting me was using the number 678-235-9097, comes up as Atlanta GA. But I ALSO got 3 calls in a row on February 26 to my adoption-only toll-free number from one of the numbers also mentioned here, 678-227-3527. It shows up as HARRY WATSON. If any of you hear from this person it would be pretty great to see how they responded to "Is this Harry Watson??" As I am pretty sure it's the same person.
Just scammed too by Alyssa and Josh. She claimed to be 17 and him 19. She said she had a connection with us because we were gay and josh was adopted himself by a same sex couple. She posted pictures on her IG juat_another_girl and claims to be 37 weeks pregnant than 33 weeks pregnant due on June 26, then June 6th. We all know the pain and emotions this plays on all of us. I don’t understand how people can do this in the world!!!! Joe and Nick wish you all peace, love and luck in finding your child. All of our children are out there, they just haven’t found us yet. Her number is 678-235-9097 #adoptedparentsunite ❤️
Last update on April 20, 8:33 am by Joseph McDougall.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Update. Same girl just tried to scam us saying she was a bartender 24 from South Carolina. Her other Instagram handle is Melissa.mommy.2020 . This girl is super shady. Glad our guard was up or would have wanted more countless days of talking to her
Last update on April 20, 8:33 am by Joseph McDougall.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements
This just happened to us this weekend! Thankfully my sister searched and found this thread! Alyssa and Josh due June 6th contacted us via Instagram and we chatted on the phone and had planned to meet with them to talk about next steps. I am so sick over this and feel completely stupid, but wanted to join this community to put more information out there so this doesn’t happen to others!!!
She tried to scam me this weekend (5/19/19) using the the name Ashley and Chris with the phone number 678-235-9097. I didn't let her call me, and i didn't give her anything, just be warned she is still trying to do this to people! Said baby girl was due beginning of july.
She tried to scam me this weekend (5/19/19) using the the name Ashley and Chris with the phone number 678-235-9097. I didn't let her call me, and i didn't give her anything, just be warned she is still trying to do this to people! Said baby girl was due beginning of july.
Wow!! I got a call from the 678 # yesterday (also via IG) so I Googled the # and this post came up. Sorry this happened to you!
She says she’s from Georgia and her name is Alyssa and her bf is Josh. She sent pictures but they were grainy. She’s due April 10th I believe. She was really intent on talking over the phone, and when she called it seemed okay at first, but then I started to get a weird vibe.
There was another contact using this number. Threats were made of harm if the scam was exposed, so the Adoption.com Moderation staff has decided to release this information from one of our staff accounts. Here are the original contact screenshots.
Advertisements
Hey Everyone,
we have had the same scammer try to talk to us under three different names. She used alyssa and josh from georgia, ashley and chris from georgia, and Ciara/Sarah and daniel from south carolina. the newest number she contacted us with was 404-937-7463 and she was using the Ciara/sarah name with that number. We hope everyone sees this in case she messages them too. We have found through facebook that at least the actual Ciara and Alissa know that this scammer is trying use their identities, and they are planning to work with local authorities to try and put a stop to this. We are sorry to any of the families that have gone through this.
Wow!! I got a call from the 678 # yesterday (also via IG) so I Googled the # and this post came up. Sorry this happened to you!
She says she’s from Georgia and her name is Alyssa and her bf is Josh. She sent pictures but they were grainy. She’s due April 10th I believe. She was really intent on talking over the phone, and when she called it seemed okay at first, but then I started to get a weird vibe.
We were contacted via IG by Ashley and Chris. Her IG name is why_do_you_care_1234 and she gave me the phone number 706-801-7585. She claims to have had her baby girl last Thursday and sent many pictures. I have no idea why someone would do this to people :disappointed: Everyone please be aware so that you don't have to go through what we did.
Hi Joseph - could you accept my friend request so I could message you? Thank you :-)
Update. Same girl just tried to scam us saying she was a bartender 24 from South Carolina. Her other Instagram handle is Melissa.mommy.2020 . This girl is super shady. Glad our guard was up or would have wanted more countless days of talking to her
Wish we had read this thread sooner, this just happened to us this week.
678-666-4992 is the newest number and the new names are MacKenzie and Matt. Email address was bluemackenzie2@gmail.com
She is disturbingly convincing. She never asks for money, she just texts and calls and keeps you believing things are moving forward. She even spoke with our lawyer, gave full names, and seemed really on top of things. Only when she spoke to a local GA lawyer who knew the scam did she give it up and tell us she was backing out. She sent pictures of her and her boyfriend and her pregnant belly, stats from her doctor's appointments, the name of her delivery hospital, etc. Only odd thing for us was the due date didn't seem consistent (due very soon, but how soon), and her tone could vary wildly from immature kid to more mature adult. How sad that there are people like this out there. Be aware and trust the advice of your adoption professionals.
Advertisements
MacKenzie also reached out to me, we've been texting back and forth. Are you sure it's a scam??
###
678-666-4992 is the newest number and the new names are MacKenzie and Matt. Email address was bluemackenzie2@gmail.com
She is disturbingly convincing. She never asks for money, she just texts and calls and keeps you believing things are moving forward. She even spoke with our lawyer, gave full names, and seemed really on top of things. Only when she spoke to a local GA lawyer who knew the scam did she give it up and tell us she was backing out. She sent pictures of her and her boyfriend and her pregnant belly, stats from her doctor's appointments, the name of her delivery hospital, etc. Only odd thing for us was the due date didn't seem consistent (due very soon, but how soon), and her tone could vary wildly from immature kid to more mature adult. How sad that there are people like this out there. Be aware and trust the advice of your adoption professionals.
[/quote]
1 Liked
 likes this.
Yes, I just found this post and am heartbroken. I have been talking to Mackenzie or whomever she is for about 2 weeks. You're right she never asks for money. But she also will never let you talk to Matt or her father. She says she's 15 and Matt is 17. Her full name supposedly is Mackenzie Skye Brown. She sounds very young. Says her mom committed suicide on Mother's Day. She's told me dad is James. She's been talking to me taking up vast quantities of time crying and just occupying time. I'm talking from probably July 15 2019 to now August 3, 2019. I've gotten the numbers bluemackenzie2@gmail.com, 678-666-4992 is Matt's supposed number though Matt never talks on it. Hers is 678-837-7747, and then today, she supposedly ended up at a homeless shelter--phone broken and called from a girl she met there 678-227-3527 who supposedly is pregnant too, but she couldn't tell me her name. She did tell me from the beginning that she has IED--and can get very angry and irrational when talking or texting.
MacKenzie also reached out to me, we've been texting back and forth. Are you sure it's a scam??
###
[/quote]