Advertisements
Advertisements
Someone at church asked us if we were going to have our STBA son blessed after his adoption. He is 4 so I had never even considered this. Has anyone else adopted an older child and had them blessed after the adoption? What are your thoughts?
Advertisements
You , should have the child blessed, you will be teaching the child about your faith , and at the very least you are showing God that you know he blessed you with one of the most important gifts that he can give any man or woman , and that is the blessing of being a parent.
Mary and Joesph had Jesus blessed when he was born, If a blessing was good for the Son of God our creator it is good for your child.:wings: :wings: :wings:
I am not LDS but I did come across this post.
We had our then 4 yr old baptized about 2 months after he joined our family. He had not been baptized at the orphanage in EE that he lived in until then.
My Mom, an ordained priest in the Anglican church, baptized him in our home church. DS remembers his baptism and we use it as an opportunity to talk about being a member of the church and what that means.
I definitely recommend having your child blessed if it is your intent to teach them about and raise them in your religion. It will make them feel a part of a larger family.
Advertisements