Advertisements
Advertisements
Originally Posted By Celeste Ribordy
I was born in Bogota Colombia in 1981. We were told I was born on the 10th of March. My mothers maiden name was Alba Lucia Ibanez, but I don't know her married name if she was ever married. I dont even know if she is alive. My name was the same as hers when i was born. I was adopted and brought to McPherson Kansas in may of 1981. My adoptive parents are Debra and Edward Ribordy. If anyone can help me begin my search, please do. I promised myself i would do this. i just want to know my ancestry. you may think i am just a youngin' but i am well aware of all the consequences of this and know how it could affect each family. i have discussed doing this since i was 11 years old. my family supports me. i have known i was adopted since i was 4 years old..
thank you
celeste
Advertisements
Hi Celeste,
Just came across your message about being adopted from Colombia and trying to find your birthmother. My husband and I have three children adopted from Colombia. There is a list you might be interested in called Colombian Adoptees Search and Support. The list is mostly for adoptees from Colombia and most are in their 20's. There are also a few adoptive parents on board. They may be able to help you. If you're interested, write to the list owner and ask how to subscribe at: ColombianAdopteeSearchandSupport-owner@yahoogroups.com
Good luck in your search!
Sue
Hi. My name is Kristen and I read your letter about being adopted from Bogota. I also was adopted from there but was born in Medellin. I am going throught he same struggles of finding my birth mother and sister but I do not have the same support from my family. I do not know all the information of my birth records so it is makin it very hard to further my search. I wish all the luck in the world because I know how hard it is to grow up in a culture that is not really your own. Please write me back and update me on how your search is going. YOu can always e-mail me at scgwoman@aol.com...thanks and good luck.
i was adopted in bogota colombia to at fana and i was adopted in 1978 and my moms name was rosa cruz i am trying to find her are you trying to find your mother reply back please thanks
Greetings,
My name is John. I was born John Edwin (or Eduardo) Rodriguez on Sept. 28, 1979. My mother is Helena Rosa Rodriguez-Clavijo. I have never met her. I was adopted at age 2 by a wonderful American family. But, I am looking for my birth mother. I was born in the hospital San Juan de Dios in Socorro, Colombia. I was adopted from an orphanage in San Gil (Sand Hill), Colombia.
My goal is to meet my mother and find out who I am.
Good luck to those who are also trying to meet their parents. If anyone knows how I can find mine, please let me know.
Sincerely,
John
Advertisements
Hi my name is Bridget. I was adopted from Bogota, Colombia when I was six months old 1987. My adoption is closed and was wondering if its possible to find my birth mom. I have her name and most information.. I have thought about trying this for along time... But I'm scared.. But I'd rather try and get nowhere then to never try and always have all these questions... Not sure how to tell my adoptive parents... Just don't know where to start. Anyone with info plz message me.
Hello Bridget, we help adoptees and biological Colombian families to reencounter. We do this social work to help out families separated by adoption and it is free of charge.
You can contact us at mrogles@gmail.com or you can see/join our facebook page
Hi my name is Bridget. I was adopted from Bogota, Colombia when I was six months old 1987. My adoption is closed and was wondering if its possible to find my birth mom. I have her name and most information.. I have thought about trying this for along time... But I'm scared.. But I'd rather try and get nowhere then to never try and always have all these questions... Not sure how to tell my adoptive parents... Just don't know where to start. Anyone with info plz message me.
Hello John Edwin, we help adoptees and biological Colombian families to reencounter. We do this social work to help out families separated by adoption and it is free of charge.
You can contact us at mrogles@gmail.com or at our facebook page
Greetings,
My name is John. I was born John Edwin (or Eduardo) Rodriguez on Sept. 28, 1979. My mother is Helena Rosa Rodriguez-Clavijo. I have never met her. I was adopted at age 2 by a wonderful American family. But, I am looking for my birth mother. I was born in the hospital San Juan de Dios in Socorro, Colombia. I was adopted from an orphanage in San Gil (Sand Hill), Colombia.
My goal is to meet my mother and find out who I am.
Good luck to those who are also trying to meet their parents. If anyone knows how I can find mine, please let me know.
Sincerely,
John
Advertisements