Advertisements
Advertisements
Originally Posted By Ellen Griffith
Looking for a siter or anyone who has information about the Mae Marshall home ib Edmond Ok late 40-early 50
I don't know that I can help, but what would you like to know about Mae Marshall. We live in Edmond, born here and my husband is a Mae Marshall baby.
Advertisements
I am 53 and went through years of looking for and finding my natural parents. Some good experiences and some not so good. I have a sister that is 57 and also adopted at the MM home in edmond. She has been curious but never taken the step to find out more. Good luck and I'll be glad to answer any questions anyone has. Gary
I was adopted at the Mae Marshall home in dec 54 and my adoptive sister was also adopted from there in July of 49 or 50 (cant remember which year). She thinks her mothers name was White based on something she saw when she was younger but shes not sure. As for me, I went on an extensive search several years ago and was able to find both my mother and father and meet some of their family. Some good experiences and some not so good. Good luck and let me know if I can help. My name is Gary and mobile number is 972-922-4087
Hi, All
Mae Marshall is a very mysterious character. When she closed her maternity home in 1958, she said she had arranged the adoptions of 1,100 babies. There are two chapters about Marshall in Volume One of "Adoption's Hidden History" and references to her in Volume Two. She was one of the targets of Senator Estes Kefauver's hearing on juvenile delinquency in Chicago in July 1955. Both books are available on amazon.com in both print and digital formats.
Congratulations on finding your birth family!