Advertisements
Advertisements
Originally Posted By Daniel Arthur (Courtney) Welsch
Dear Courtney Family,
My name is Daniel Arthur Welsch and I am an adoptee who has been searching for my birth parents and birthfamily without much success. I have enclosed in this letter, all the vital information that I have in the hopes that someone may be able to help. The new information from New York State has been added
I was born on September 17th, 1956 in Buffalo, Erie Co., New York, at the Millard Fillmore Gates Circle Hospital. I am searching for my birth mother , Mary Courtney and I don't know if this was her married name or her maiden name. I do not know my birth fathers name, and I do not if my birthmother and him were married at the time. The time of birth was 2:02 p.m. and was a single birth according to the birth certificate Im allowed to see. My adoptive parents told me, that at the time I was born, my birth mother, (Mary Courtney) lived at 77 East Tupper Street in Buffalo, NY. This has been verified through the POLK registry for 1956 & 1957. Mary Courtney lived or rented this address from 1956 to 1957. The Polk index only lists Mary Courtney, no male listing. This is the same situation, as the hospital bill made out to Mrs. Mary Courtney... no husband listed.
Arthur William Welsch and Nellie Alfreda Welsch (Rainey) adopted me, and during this time lived at 494 Carlton Ave., Buffalo, NY. Arthur Welsch was a Fireman for the City of Buffalo. In addition, my adoptive mothers children from her first marriage (Charles, Edward and Robert Heberlein ) lived there during this time.
I have the original hospital bill for my birth. The bill is made out to like this:
Mrs. Mary Courtney
3rd.
My adoptive father Arthur W. Welsch, I believe, paid this bill on September 23rd, 1956. (In case you wanted to know, to have a baby boy in 1956 cost a total of $167.85). My adoptive father kept a scrapbook (which I donҒt have), in it were newspaper articles, which I was told were about my three (3) birth relatives that served in the Vietnam War. I did see these articles but didnt retain any of the information, nor have I been able to get it since my a-fatherҒs death.
Listed in the bulleted list below is additional information that I feel may help me make my search successful, bare with me on this.
 Birth Name: BabyBoy Courtney
 Birth Mother: Mary Courtney
 Birth Mothers Age at Birth: 24
 Birth Mothers Year of Birth: 1931 or 1932
 Birth Mothers Nationality: USA
 Birth Mothers Race: Caucasian
 Birth Mothers Religion: Protestant
 Birth Mothers Other Children Prior to 1956: One - name & sex unknown
 Birth Mother Address: 77 East Tupper Street, Buffalo, NY (Rented House at this Address 1956 - 1957)
 Birth Father: ?????? - No information listed at all in the non-identifying information from New York State
 Adopted Name: Arthur Daniel Welsch
 Adoptive Mother: Nellie Alfreda Welsch (Rainey)
 Adoptive Father: Arthur William Welsch
 Adoptee Date of Birth: 09/17/1956
 Adoptee Time of Birth: 2:02 p.m.
 Adoptee Weight at Birth: 6 lbs 13 oz
 Adoptee Place of Birth: Buffalo, Erie County, New York
 Hospital: Millard Fillmore
 Hospital Address: Lafayette and Linwood Avenues, Buffalo, New York
 Birth Mother & Adopted Mothers Doctor - Pauline Hellriegle & husband (One was OB-GYN, other was Pediatrician) Located on Delaware Ave, Buffalo, NY acrossed from the hospital.
 Adoption Type - Private Placement
 Local Birth Certificate #: 14793
 State Birth Certificate #: 56-123678
 Adoptive Birth Certificate Issued: 09/05/1957
 Adoption Petitioned: 07/03/1957
 Surrogate Court Investigator: Robert W. Grimm
 Attorney: Norman F. Marx
 Attorney Address (1957): 700 Erie County Bank Bldg.
Buffalo 2, New York
 Final Order of Adoption Date: 08/09/1957
 Surrogate of Erie County: Charles T. Yeager
 Final Order Certification: 08/20/1957
 Certification #: G 1718
Here is my personal information for contact purposes:
 E-mail ֖ daniel.welsch@eudoramail.com / danielwelsch@hotmail.com
 Welsch Web Site
 Address ֖ 35 South Main Street
Franklinville, New York 14737-1219
 Telephone (716) 676-2417 / 1-877-237-6189
Well, that֒s my story in a nutshell. If you have any information at all please get in touch with me, this is very important to me. Even if the information is to let me know that you have no knowledge. Thank you for your time and help.
Sincerely Yours,
Daniel A. (Courtney) Welsch