Advertisements
Advertisements
Originally Posted By Chris
Born Chicago, IL. Cook County Hospital,
Birth 4/30/54(per birth certificate-just after midnight on 4/30/54-am hours)
Male, Italian/Irish (I believe)
Adoption through Catholic Charities (I believe)
I am in search of any family members.
GCN1993@aol.com
Advertisements
Originally Posted By Lisa
Hi Chris:
I am searching for my 1/2 brother, adopted out just like myself. He was born in Chicago, but in February of '54. Tina's website is very helpful and has pretty good updated information. You'll find the best information through Cook County though. The web address for Tina is: Below is an excerpt of search information. You might be able to go through the intermediary. Otherwise, your birth mother (and/or father if he was listed and knew about you) had to have filed a consent form giving you permission. I wish you good luck. I'm going to have to go through the intermediary and pay $450. I do not know if it costs anything or the same for adoptees searching for birth families.
"Overview of Illinois Adoption Laws
If a consent form is on file from the birth parents, identifying information may be provided to the adoptee at 21 (or younger with written permission of adoptive parents). Adult adoptees may register with the agency a desire not to have identifying information shared with the birth parents if such a request is made. Adoptive parents may register a similar non-consent on behalf of an adoptee under age 21.
The Department of Public Health operates a mutual consent registry for matching birth parents and adult adoptees. Adoptees may register at 21, or if younger than 21 but older than 18, with written permission of the adoptive parents. Identifying information may only be provided to birth parents and adoptees if consents from both are on file. Non-identifying information will
be provided to an adoptee age 18 or older upon request.
For registry information contact:
Illinois Adoption Registry
Illinois Department of Public Health
Division of Vital Records -- Adoption Registry
605 W. Jefferson Street
Springfield, Illinois 62702.
Telephone: (217) 782-6553.
Statute: PA 83-1408.
UPDATE: Confidential intermediary. A pilot project in some areas of IL where adoptees and birth parents can request written non-id and communication with relatives through Midwest Adoption Center in Des Plaines"
Lisa
Originally Posted By Lisa
Hi Chris:
I am searching for my 1/2 brother, adopted out just like myself. He was born in Chicago, but in February of '54. Tina's website is very helpful and has pretty good updated information. You'll find the best information through Cook County though. The web address for Tina is: Below is an excerpt of search information. You might be able to go through the intermediary. Otherwise, your birth mother (and/or father if he was listed and knew about you) had to have filed a consent form giving you permission. I wish you good luck. I'm going to have to go through the intermediary and pay $450. I do not know if it costs anything or the same for adoptees searching for birth families.
"Overview of Illinois Adoption Laws
If a consent form is on file from the birth parents, identifying information may be provided to the adoptee at 21 (or younger with written permission of adoptive parents). Adult adoptees may register with the agency a desire not to have identifying information shared with the birth parents if such a request is made. Adoptive parents may register a similar non-consent on behalf of an adoptee under age 21.
The Department of Public Health operates a mutual consent registry for matching birth parents and adult adoptees. Adoptees may register at 21, or if younger than 21 but older than 18, with written permission of the adoptive parents. Identifying information may only be provided to birth parents and adoptees if consents from both are on file. Non-identifying information will
be provided to an adoptee age 18 or older upon request.
For registry information contact:
Illinois Adoption Registry
Illinois Department of Public Health
Division of Vital Records -- Adoption Registry
605 W. Jefferson Street
Springfield, Illinois 62702.
Telephone: (217) 782-6553.
Statute: PA 83-1408.
UPDATE: Confidential intermediary. A pilot project in some areas of IL where adoptees and birth parents can request written non-id and communication with relatives through Midwest Adoption Center in Des Plaines"
Lisa
Hi Lisa, My dad was born in Chicago in February 1954! Could you give me any more information?