Advertisements
Advertisements
ISO: adoptee sibling potentially thru michaelman
Would have been adopted from Long Island,ny and born in a Long Island catholic hospital. Caucasian female In 1974-1976
Email amaass14@gmail.com
Advertisements
Originally Posted By clownfish01@yahoo.com
Attorney involved in adoption was Michaelman. I was told he was disbared and jailed for illegal adoption practices.
Searching for bio-family!
I was born in April of 1980 in Port Jefferson. I have been told that my bio-mom's name was Dawn (Cavanaugh i beleive) and I had an older sister. Any information wil help.
-Jeff
clownfish01@yahoo.com
I understand I was born in 1981 of December in Plainview, Long Island and Stanley Michelman what is the attorney on my case as well and come to find out that he’s in was indicted for illegal adoption just pisses me off
1 Liked
 likes this.
Hello, My name is Ana Rose, I was born at Humana Women’s Hospital and adopted out of San Antonio, Texas in 90’s ASA also known as Adoption Services Associates. After the adoption I was immediately raised in London by an American Family. I also have a brother who was also adopted via the same agency but out of Chorpus Christi, Texas 2 years prior. My parents were living in London at the time of both my brother and I, adoption. Thru a family friend of my parent’s who also couldn’t conceive and used ASA, they then recommend it to my parents when they found out they couldn’t as well.
Originally I set out with finding just the truth about my adoption, to hear my birth mother’s story and what led to my adoption. Upon my discovery of the agency, I was also able to find the answers about my birth story, even though not pretty due to what my birth mother endured during the process that wasn’t her choice as her voice had been taken away from her.
Now, having met my birth family and finding my origins I am now turning my attention to the continued search in researching and investigating everything about ASA. Down to the lawyers, adoptees, birth mothers and adopted parents that were involved, affected and wrongful treated that are willing to work with me at uncovering the truth and bringing this to light.
Due to my mother’s voice and parental rights wrongfully taken without her knowledge at the age of 22 years old by a third party whom secretly arranged my adoption that benefit her, I am now on the mission to take this all the way. To find out who else this happened too, among what else is hidden in secret and what lies were told and still untold. The scam, even con that took place within ASA from the 70’s well into the 90s.
It is beyond shocking this non-profit adoption agency was allowed to continue well past into the 90’s from what I am finding. Especially after it was linked to people like my lawyer used in mine, my brother and two other children I grew up with via ASA and yet was still was able to operate having using him and having ties to him without being investigated themselves.
He placed 4 babies to my knowledge and adopted them into families, some across the world without birth parents being told prior. If what happened to my birth mother happened to her and I, I know it’s just the beginning not even touching the surface .
This is not going to be easy, this is not going to be comfortable. This will take time , resilience and patience but 2024 I will be diving deeper into this and will require the help of others willing to exchange stories, experiences and traumas endured by all due to ASA. I have a platform I am able to follow thru with this but will require help and other interested parties with connections as well as my own.
I am looking for adoptees or adopted parents who used ASA especially out of San Antonio, Texas and New York City but not limited too as I know this goes deeper- as well as any adopted parents who used the lawyer in correlation to ASA or other agencies who used:
Stanley B. Michelman out of NYC
When either placing or adopting using ASA and mostly likely even other agencies if he didn’t limit himself to ASA. Prior to his arrest and legal issues he was placing mostly Caucasian babies, then after his arrest and investigation from what I found may of been when he started placing children of “color” of Hispanic descent. As he mentioned to my parents he had a child for them if only they wanted a “Hispanic” child but of course that wasn’t an issue. He placed my brother whose mother was of caucasian decent 2 years prior.
In the 70’s the time of his legal issues he was later found not guilty and supposedly disbarred however, then was able to place children for adoption in 1988-1990 from what I know thus far, regardless of the legal issues he had before and then supposedly after too.
He is dead now and died from a heart attack from what I read but for me this does not matter. Please anyone who may have any information via their own experience with him or ASA please feel free to reach out to me privately for any and all help will help when investigating this further.
All the best.
-A
Last update on December 28, 9:04 am by AnaRose Hawley.