Advertisements
Advertisements
Originally Posted By joycetbarnett@ao.com
If you were born before 7-1956 and adopted in Mississippi, your records are probably recorded in the chancery Clerk's office and can be found. If you ask the chancery Clerk for help, you will be told they are sealed. I will try to help if you will write. No charge for my services. Joyce
Advertisements
Dear Joyce,
I was born in December 1956 in Jacksonville, Florida. My adoption was finalised in August 1957 in the chanery court of Hinds County. I was told by the clerk of court I needed to get a lawyer to file a request to have file opened. She said she did not see a huge problem doing so. Can you reccomend and attorney in Jackson for this type work?
Dear Joyce
I just talked to Copiah County court house today and they told me that my dad's adoption records are sealed and I needed an attorney to have them unsealed. Your post said you might be able to help so if you can please email me at combs3782@msn.com my dad has recently passed away and I'm trying to locate his birth mother.
Thank You
Carol
Can you help my husband find his brother that was given up for adoption in 1961. The brother was born in Jackson Mississippi. The birthmother was from Georgia and sent to an unwed mothers home to have the baby. The child was a boy born on 6-15-61. On 6-27-61 he was sent to Georgia to a foster home and then adopted. Thanks for any help.
Can you help me find my dads birth mom and any siblings? If so please email me at combs3782@msn.com or ccombs3782@aol.com
My dad passed away in Nov 2005 and my Mom passed in 2001 so I would like to find the birth parents of my dad.
I now have kidney cancer and just need to find them.
Thanks
Carol
Advertisements
Combs
Was your father born prior to 1955 or had the adoption finalized before July 1, 1955 which was when seperate books were created and kept for adoptions?
You might simply write a letter to the chancery judge explaining your position and note this law ( SEC. 93-17-31. Clerks to keep separate index, docket and minute books.). Explain that the below law is prohibitable to your quest due to financial needs for your medical bills. That your health condition is serious and that you'd like to make contact for whichever your reason is (genetic info, familial connection, etc).
Or ask a lawyer to write it but write the judges, they are human...
Good luck
Maia
SEC. 93-17-215. Request by adoptee for identifying information.
Any person twenty-one (21) years of age or over who has been adopted in this state may request the bureau through a licensed adoption agency providing post-adoption services to obtain and provide the identifying information regarding either or both of his or her birth parents maintained as provided in Section 93-17-205, unless that birth parent has executed an affidavit prohibiting the release of such information.
Volfe
Thank you for the reply but I do have a question.
Where is the chancery judge? Would that be the Copiah County court house also which is in Jackson Mississippi?
And yes my dad was adopted prior to 1955. He was adopted in 1930 or 1931 for my dad let it slip one day that the birthdate on the certificate was not correct. The birthdate my dad always said was 11/1/1931.
Thank you again
Combs
Combs,
Whichever County the adoption was finalized in...? Is that the county for Jackson?
Clerks like to repeat the mantra that the records are sealed but they aren't ALL sealed. Trick is finding the person who knows that... judges usually do (trick is finding the compassionate judge I guess).
Keep us informed.
Maia
I adopted my wife's daughter in 1997. We were not given any papers and her birth certificate and SS card were not changed. Now ten years later it is time for her to get her license and I would like for it to be in her adoptive name. Up until now we have never had to prove that her last name was mine. We have been told that the records are sealed and that we have to pay a lawyer ($1500+) to get a copy of the adoption that we were never given in the first place. Please help and send any advice to tatwood@st-paul-umc.org.
:thanks:
Advertisements
i WAS ADOPTED IN JACKSON MS IN nov 74. I was actually born in new albany, MS. Thats all i know. I know about the time i was born around seven or eight clock in the morning
Holly :
I am looking for my bio grandparents. My mom was adopted from MS Childrens home at 3 months old. Her D.O.B is 12/27/1955, her birth certificate says she was born in Fulton County, GA. I know for sure she was adopted through the MS Childrens Home though.
combs3782
Volfe
Thank you for the reply but I do have a question.
Where is the chancery judge? Would that be the Copiah County court house also which is in Jackson Mississippi?
And yes my dad was adopted prior to 1955. He was adopted in 1930 or 1931 for my dad let it slip one day that the birthdate on the certificate was not correct. The birthdate my dad always said was 11/1/1931.
Thank you again
Combs
Hi
I have found out more info on my dad, I found out he was in a childrens home in Ms and his birth mom passed away when he was very young and he also has a sister 15 months younger than he was, but this is all I have found out so I am trying to locate his sister. The home did say his adoption was a legal one and for a birth certificate I have to mail in the money for it and they keep the money wheter they find the certificate or not. So now I don't know where to turn for help so this is hopeing someone can help me where to go now. Thanks Combs