Advertisements
Advertisements
Originally Posted By EY
I was adopted in Japan over 40 years ago by a Japanese and American couple. I currently reside in the States but am interested in searching for my birth family in Japan. I do not have any information about my birth or birth family, other than a fake birth certificate from a hospital in Japan (noting my adoptive mother as the birth mother). Can anyone point me to some resources here in the US or in Japan? thank you.
Hi there! I hope this reaches you. I am in search of my sister who was given up for adoption in Japan about 40 years ago...let's talk!
Advertisements
Hello, My mom was adopted in Japan over 50 years ago, was wondering what were some of the search ideas you have used so for on your own search?
I am also trying to find any information about adoptions around this time period, my mom would really like to find her sister, so if any of you have any ideas, please let me know.
Thank you very much
-moira
she also had that fake birth certificate thing. She only just found out that she was adopted this past year. Whenever she asked about what she thought she remembered her parents told her that it was just her imagination. Confusing, huh?
Oh well, if anyone has any ideas on how to get information, let me know.
-m.
Hi-I had the help of the Japanese Consulate's office in the town I currently live. This was in the 1980's. Perhaps they might be of some service. Let us know. I was born in Otsu, Japap, in 1950, adopted in 1955. I found my B-mother in 1970. She recently has deceased, and I am searching for any other relatives (B-father, etc.) Good luck to you! Keep us posted on your progress.
Advertisements
I am an Adoptee from the Elizabeth Saunders Home in Oiso, Japan from 1960.
We are planning a group reunion for anyone or any member of their family who personally had, or may have had a possible connection to the Elizabeth Saunders Home. The reunion will take place April 14, 2018, in Japan Town, San Francisco, during the first weekend of the Northern California Cherry Blossom Festival.
If you haven't already joined our Facebook group page "Elizabeth Saunders Home Reunion", please do so at
You can follow our Facebook group event page for any information, details and progress of our reunion planning there, as well as to RSVP or indicate your interest.
You may also email me at cbbisagno@outlook.com
~Cindy B.