Advertisements
Advertisements
Advertisements
daughter ISO of any info on ANY Homes for Unwed mothers in Gainsville Fla around 1958. Has anyone heard of a MILITARY RESCUE MISSION for UNWED MOTHERS?
ALSO ,,
trying to find out about where i can get a listing of Cotton Mills in Ga that were operational in 1956-1958...
thanx
~pawzz~
CORECTION: the home in Gainesville was called Southern Rescue Workers. it was connected to Hampton House in 1958.
My bmom stayed at Southern Rescue Worker's while pregnant with me. I don't have much info, I was born baby girl 11/3/61. I wasn't even aware until recently that Hampton Hall was where I was housed. I've been told my bmom and bfather were both from Alabama. Hopefully, I have a search angel that is looking into this. Dr. Herbert delivered me. My search angel says she knows some of the women that used to work there. If I find out anything I will pass it along to you.
Trish
Advertisements
Didn't realize there were others out there that share the Hampton Hall birth experience. I was supposedly also born there in March 1963. It was also called the rescue workers mission before that. I was told that my birth mom stayed there but I was born at General Hospital delivered by Dr. Carl Herbert. Anyone wants to share information, contact me. Best of luck to all!
Kevin ( baby boy Sears)
My husband was also born there, I believe, because Col. Ryan handled the adoption (sale). We really just started going through the adoption papers that his wonderful 91 year old a-mother had saved and were very suprised to find a very large sum of money paid to the American Rescue Workers in Gainesville. (cancelled checks). He and his sister were both apparently bought around the same time. There was an investigation into his sisters adoption, as there was not any birth mother consent. It's obvious that Col. Ryan came up with one quite a bit later (after the child welfare board got involved, but from what I can tell about this type of adoption, it probably was made up by him) Anyway, we still haven't requested non id info. If anyone can tell us where we can find additional info on this home for unwed mothers, please let us know. He was born 6/7/56 to Roselyn Taylor and his sister was born 12/8/55 to Anne Everett. My husband is not all that computer literate, so I am assisting him :)
I have a few newspaper articles about Col. Ryans arrest and scandle. send me ur email addy and Ill pass em on to u
Advertisements
I am assisting my brother-in-law, Edward Barton "Bart" Gamber born Nov. 15, 1958 in Gainesville, Alachua, Florida. His biological mother was 15 years old when he was born and there is strong reason to believe she was a victim of Col. Robert Ryan and the Southern Rescue Workers Maternity Home.
Bart's adoptive parents were Stuart Duane Gamber, born Aug. 12, 1923 and died Sept. 27, 1988 and Dorothy Vivian Hawkins Gamber, born July 27, 1927 and died Feb 11, 1987. Stuart Duane was known as Tim and he worked for the Eli Witt Vending Company, Duane's parents are Arthur Fordyce (Fordyce Arthur) Gamber and Rhea Mauryne Drace.
Bart also had a brother, Tim Preston Gamber born 27 Aug 1957 in Gainesville, Alachua, Florida
and died 18 Oct 2005 in St. Augustine, Florida who was also adopted and is believed to have been adopted from the Southern Rescue Workers Maternity Home.
For health reasons, we are looking for any information to help in identifying and location his biological parents.
I am assisting my brother-in-law, Edward Barton "Bart" Gamber born Nov. 15, 1958 in Gainesville, Alachua, Florida. His biological mother was 15 years old when he was born and there is strong reason to believe she was a victim of Col. Robert Ryan and the Southern Rescue Workers Maternity Home or the Gainesville Maternity Home
Bart's adoptive parents were Stuart Duane Gamber, born Aug. 12, 1923 and died Sept. 27, 1988 and Dorothy Vivian Hawkins Gamber, born July 27, 1927 and died Feb 11, 1987. Stuart Duane was known as Tim and he worked for the Eli Witt Vending Company, Duane's parents are Arthur Fordyce (Fordyce Arthur) Gamber and Rhea Mauryne Drace.
Bart also had a brother, Tim Preston Gamber, born 27 Aug 1957 in Gainesville, Alachua, Florida and died 18 Oct 2005 in St. Augustine, Florida. Tim was also adopted and it is believed that he was adopted from the Southern Rescue Workers Maternity Home.
For health reasons, we are looking for any information to help in identifying and location his biological parents.
Please contact me at Lisa@Backroadsgen.com
My mother was born there. 3/8/64 I have no info and was wondering how to find out about birth parents/family?? If anyone can help please let me know!
Advertisements