Advertisements
Advertisements
I have been searching for my natural mother for quite a while. She was born on or about 25/11/45. She lived in Melbourne, Victoria and we think she may have changed her name. Her mother is Eva Uptonand her father was William
Any info please
nelwywed1311
Victorian Adoption Network for Information and Self Help (VANISH) and they are located in Melbourne at 199 Cardigan St Carlton 3053. Their phone number within Australia is 1800 334043. Hope this helps,
J.
Hi My mothers name is colleen eva upton she was born on the 24th november in NSW.Her Fathers name was william and mother Eva a older sister eve
and 4 brothers john,michael, francis and william, she had a sister lucy, lucy died just before her 18th, my mother and Lucy was put in a orphanage Nazareth house in Ballarat.
when i came across this post awhile ago,i asked my mother and she said it most likely was her , she adopted her child when she was 17 and also 2 other girls.
Regards Mel
Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi
I am Helen Upton (nee Cannon). I was married to Barry Upton. I recently found out through ancestry.com that he was the first cousin of a lady (Eve Tolman (nee Upton)) who used to live with my family when I was 11 to 17 years old. Small world. I had lost contact with Eve after that but have since tracked her and her three sons down again. Eve would be your Aunty. Her birth name was Eva Emily Upton (dob 1936) but she changed her name to Ivy Emily Upton. I was on ancestry.com to find my ancestors and decided to look for my sons paternal ancestors (Upton). I have found many of your ancestors. I visited Ivy Upton just before Christmas. She has tried to no avail to find out what happened to her mother and Colleen. Her mother, Eva Upton (nee Newbury) took Colleen and Lucy to Victoria and left the other three children behind with their father. Ivy found information on the death of Lucy their sister but nothing on Colleen other than she had a child when she was 16 years old. Ivy believes Colleen was born about 1943 and Lucy was born in 1945. Her mother Eva Upton (nee Newbury dob 1907) was part aboriginal and maybe the aboriginal departments might have some information on her but this could be hard to find. Ivy is in ill health and I'm she would love to hear any new information.
Are you also known as Molly4. I found this site and your question by googling Colleen Eva Upton Victoria Australia. I would be happy to help if possible. I certainly can give you information on some of your ancestors. Would love to hear from you.
Regards Helen
molly4
Hi My mothers name is colleen eva upton she was born on the 24th november in NSW.Her Fathers name was william and mother Eva a older sister eve
and 4 brothers john,michael, francis and william, she had a sister lucy, lucy died just before her 18th, my mother and Lucy was put in a orphanage Nazareth house in Ballarat.
when i came across this post awhile ago,i asked my mother and she said it most likely was her , she adopted her child when she was 17 and also 2 other girls.
Regards Mel
Hi
I am Helen Upton (nee Cannon). I was married to Barry Upton. I recently found out through ancestry.com that he was the first cousin of a lady (Eve Tolman (nee Upton)) who used to live with my family when I was 11 to 17 years old. Small world. I had lost contact with Eve after that but have since tracked her and her three sons down again. Eve would be your Aunty. Her birth name was Eva Emily Upton (dob 1936) but she changed her name to Ivy Emily Upton. I was on ancestry.com to find my ancestors and decided to look for my sons paternal ancestors (Upton). I have found many of your ancestors. I visited Ivy Upton just before Christmas. She has tried to no avail to find out what happened to her mother and Colleen. Her mother, Eva Upton (nee Newbury) took Colleen and Lucy to Victoria and left the other three children behind with their father. Ivy found information on the death of Lucy their sister but nothing on Colleen other than she had a child when she was 16 years old. Ivy believes Colleen was born about 1943 and Lucy was born in 1945. Her mother Eva Upton (nee Newbury dob 1907) was part aboriginal and maybe the aboriginal departments might have some information on her but this could be hard to find. Ivy is in ill health and I'm sure she would love to hear any new information.
Are you also known as Molly4. I found this site and your question by googling Colleen Eva Upton Victoria Australia.
David Schilling also got in contact with me on ancestry.com and was asking for information about Colleen Upton. I am still waiting to find out what connection he had to Colleen.
I would be happy to help you if possible. I certainly can give you information on some of your ancestors. You would be my son's (Daniel) second cousin.
Would love to hear from you.
Regards Helen
molly4
Regards Mel
Hi
I am Helen Upton (nee Cannon). I was married to Barry Upton. I recently found out through ancestry.com that he was the first cousin of a lady (Eve Tolman (nee Upton)) who used to live with my family when I was 11 to 17 years old. Small world. I had lost contact with Eve after that but have since tracked her and her three sons down again. Eve would be your Aunty. Her birth name was Eva Emily Upton (dob 1936) but she changed her name to Ivy Emily Upton. I was on ancestry.com to find my ancestors and decided to look for my sons paternal ancestors (Upton). I have found many of your ancestors. I visited Ivy Upton just before Christmas. She has tried to no avail to find out what happened to her mother and Colleen. Her mother, Eva Upton (nee Newbury) took Colleen and Lucy to Victoria and left the other three children behind with their father. Ivy found information on the death of Lucy their sister but nothing on Colleen other than she had a child when she was 16 years old. Ivy believes Colleen was born about 1943 and Lucy was born in 1945. Her mother Eva Upton (nee Newbury dob 1907) was part aboriginal and maybe the aboriginal departments might have some information on her but this could be hard to find. Ivy is in ill health and I'm sure she would love to hear any new information.
Are you also known as Molly4. I found this site and your question by googling Colleen Eva Upton Victoria Australia.
David Schilling also got in contact with me on ancestry.com and was asking for information about Colleen Upton. I am still waiting to find out what connection he had to Colleen.
I would be happy to help you if possible. I certainly can give you information on some of your ancestors. You would be my son's (Daniel) second cousin.
Regards Helen
Advertisements
molly4
Regards Mel
Molly4 and Genene both asking about Colleen Upton. Nelwywed1311 also asking the same question. Are these different people or the same person. Cheers Helen
Upton1
Hi
Regards Helen
Hi Helen can you privately inbox me Molly 4
Advertisements