Advertisements
Advertisements
This poem is called True Love, and I wrote it for an English assignment ... we had to write a poem, and this just came out. I know it's not great, but it expresses how I feel.
Her love for me is immeasurable;
The amount cannot be expressed.
At times I sit and think of her
When I feel a bit depressed.
She wished for me to have a better life
Than the one she had to have;
Life with two parents, in a loving home,
Where I could be a kid and laugh.
She knew she could not give me that,
And unselfishly let me go
To people whom she had never met
And whose names she could not know.
I know that she still loves me,
And should we ever meet
Would open her arms to me and say,
"This makes my life complete."
Advertisements
Your peom was my dream as a bmom. My wish for nearly 18 years was that my bson felt that way about me.
I was reunited with him August 22, 2005. My dream came true. He told me how much he loved me because of what I sacrificed for HIM. He tells me that he loves me everytime we talk. It fills the deep dark hole in my heart right up.
My emotions match the last line of your poem, and I thank you so very much for you sharing that with us.
Please share with me your feelings about meeting your bmom. I would love to have that insight.
Susan1987 srussell@procomputernet.net (should you want to share your thoughts)
That poem has touched me deeply....I only hope that my birth son feels the same way. Ive just started my search for him....Good luck with yours.
Lori
YOU FOUND HER, BOOKWORM? Tell us about it! Did she read your beautiful poem? We all wish you happiness, dear.
God Bless you
and HUGS, Carol Bird
bookworm611
This poem is called True Love, and I wrote it for an English assignment ... we had to write a poem, and this just came out. I know it's not great, but it expresses how I feel.
And should we ever meet
I think this is Lovely. I do hope you find your Birth Mon or hopefully you have her. I hope she is everything you wanted and you enjoy the time with her as it is special and no one can take that away from you both.
From a Adoptee and Birthmother Louise xxx
Advertisements
Hey everyone... it seems I keep getting messages from people who have read this poem and want to know more about my story, so here it is. I found her and talked to her for the first time on February 11th of this year, and it has been such an icredible experience. It has been very overwhelming for both of us, but she has been amazing throughout this whole process. From the beginning, she told me that she was more than willing to go at my pace for the reunion, and she never tried to push me into more than I was ready for. Her whole family, including her parents and siblings, hated that she relinquished me, and they were ecstatic when they discovered that I had found her. I've met all of them since then, and it's so incredible to see the odd similarities between me, her, and other people in her family. I talk to her once or twice a week at this point (I'm in college, so I'm crazy busy), and I've seen her about 5 times since we first talked 8 months ago. After I met her, I completely forgot about this poem until just a couple months ago when I came across it in my computer. It was such a strange feeling to read it again now that I'm on the other side of the reunion. I wrote that poem about somebody I didn't know at all... and now that I know her, it's just an odd feeling. I sent her the poem, and she loved it but said that it was strange for her as well... reading something that I wrote about her when I didn't know her yet... she said it was odd reading something that personal and intense about herself. The reunion hasn't been the easiest things in the world... even with everything going right, it's still difficult and still emotional, and I'm still trying to figure out how she fits into my life and how I fit into hers. Thank you all SO much for your encouragement, and I pray that everyone else who is searching out there, that your story will end as well as mine is. :)
I am trying to find my adopted brother. I was in 6th grade when my mother gave him up for adoption. It was either May, June or July, 1967 in Arkansas City, Kansas. Our mother is gone now, but the sister that cradled her brother weeps for his return to her life if he wants it.
Wow! What a beautiful poem. I am an English teacher by the way, and I think it expresses true emotion. Thank you for sharing!
:)
bookworm611
Hey everyone... it seems I keep getting messages from people who have read this poem and want to know more about my story, so here it is. I found her and talked to her for the first time on February 11th of this year, and it has been such an icredible experience. It has been very overwhelming for both of us, but she has been amazing throughout this whole process. From the beginning, she told me that she was more than willing to go at my pace for the reunion, and she never tried to push me into more than I was ready for. Her whole family, including her parents and siblings, hated that she relinquished me, and they were ecstatic when they discovered that I had found her. I've met all of them since then, and it's so incredible to see the odd similarities between me, her, and other people in her family. I talk to her once or twice a week at this point (I'm in college, so I'm crazy busy), and I've seen her about 5 times since we first talked 8 months ago. After I met her, I completely forgot about this poem until just a couple months ago when I came across it in my computer. It was such a strange feeling to read it again now that I'm on the other side of the reunion. I wrote that poem about somebody I didn't know at all... and now that I know her, it's just an odd feeling. I sent her the poem, and she loved it but said that it was strange for her as well... reading something that I wrote about her when I didn't know her yet... she said it was odd reading something that personal and intense about herself. The reunion hasn't been the easiest things in the world... even with everything going right, it's still difficult and still emotional, and I'm still trying to figure out how she fits into my life and how I fit into hers. Thank you all SO much for your encouragement, and I pray that everyone else who is searching out there, that your story will end as well as mine is. :)
What great news to read tonight... May your life continue to be blessed with your birthfamily... :)
((((((Hugs))))))))
Advertisements
bookworm611
And should we ever meet
As your verses are perfect!
I wish to you good luck and love
[URL=http://abcworld.net/]ABCworld.net-The most Popular Categories and news from the most sites on the web, all under one roof![/URL]
bookworm611
And should we ever meet
That is wonderful, thank you. :cheer:
your poem has brightened my day...it made have hopes inside that my son will feel good about me if i ever have the chance to know him....good kuck honey...you write well......my son has a birthday soon 11-18-1972....i pray i will see him some day :thanks:
As a bmother - your poem meant so much. I just located my daughter after 40 years and can only HOPE that she feels even 1/2 of what you wrote. It is just beautiful and ty for sharing.
Advertisements
I too am a b- mom and I wish you all of the luck in the world. I found my daughter just last year after 40 years - sadly she doesn't feel like you. When you find your b-mom you will make her a very happy lady.:cloud9: