Advertisements
Advertisements
JoyfulPam
Congratulations! 50/50 can be a hard place to be in. I was there three years ago, and our daughter is now our forever daughter.
Well wishes during the wait period.
Thanks JoyfulPam. We'll see how things progress over time.
Advertisements
Foster Adopt is the way my family and I did I got baby A at 5 weeks and we finalized on his adoption this past week and he is not 15 mos. So glad we chose that way because we would have never met our baby boy. So thankful and blessed!
WorldTraveler
We were matched with a 2 week old baby a few months ago. Our adoption worker called on a Monday at 10am. We wet to the hospital at 1pm. We took the baby home two days later. It was surreal to walk in, have someone hand you a baby you've never met before and have everyone start calling you a parent. After a few months though, we can't remember what it was like before the baby came. We're going to TPR in October and hope to finalize in Jan or Feb.
Congratulations, chica to you and your husband! I'm so happy for you guys!
WorldTraveler
We were matched with a 2 week old baby a few months ago. Our adoption worker called on a Monday at 10am. We wet to the hospital at 1pm. We took the baby home two days later. It was surreal to walk in, have someone hand you a baby you've never met before and have everyone start calling you a parent. After a few months though, we can't remember what it was like before the baby came. We're going to TPR in October and hope to finalize in Jan or Feb.
Congratulations!!
Advertisements
WorldTraveler
Congratulations! I remember seeing you on this forum when you were starting out. Didn't you have a blog? Do you still write?
@WorldTraveler
Glad to know you are still writing. I checked out your blog and you are doing so many things that I would have loved to do had we been blessed with a newborn. I'm watching from afar in admiration.
There are not very many African Americans talking about foster care and adoption on the web. I blog about our journey at Complicated Melodi ([url=http://complicatedmelodi.com]Complicated Melodi | one black woman's journey into marriage, foster care, and beyond[/url]).
A friend and I also do a biweekly podcast called [URL="https://plus.google.com/101903360630378871329/posts"]Add Water and Stir[/URL] where we talk about issues related to foster care, adoption and parenting in communities of color. We are on Youtube, iTunes and Stitcher. We are trying to grow this network so I hope that we can keep in touch.
Mimi
World Traveler......Congrats!!!!...OH MY GOODNESS!!...I'm so happy for ya'll!...ok how do I find your blog?!...
Hello, I'm an African-American woman that did a private, domestic adoption. This was 10 years ago... my daugher (also AA) came home when she was 3 wks old. I tinker with the idea of doing another adoption... we shall see.
Advertisements