Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi everyone,
This is a fairly old thread, but I wanted to connect. I am not from IMH, but my Mother is (born in ~1968, adopted in mid to late 70's). She is always looking for ways to connect with her roots, but has struggled over the years. We are finally planning a trip for her to visit India again and are working on finding funding. Does anyone know if there are opportunities for IMH adoptees to return to India? Any suggestions on how to pursue this?
Thank you all.
-Tamara
Advertisements
Tamara,
You should check with the Ties Program. They have a scholarship program that may help pay for one of their trips. They are very good.
Good Luck
Chris
Hi everyone,
This is a fairly old thread, but I wanted to connect. I am not from IMH, but my Mother is (born in ~1968, adopted in mid to late 70's). She is always looking for ways to connect with her roots, but has struggled over the years. We are finally planning a trip for her to visit India again and are working on finding funding. Does anyone know if there are opportunities for IMH adoptees to return to India? Any suggestions on how to pursue this?
Thank you all.
-Tamara
Tamara,
You should check with the Ties Program. They have a scholarship program that may help pay for one of their trips. They are very good.
Good Luck
Chris
thanks, i did the same!
Hi everyone,
Thank you all.
-Tamara
from ihm which batch.?
Advertisements
Beth,
Your name sounds so familiar. I have to look through some of my papers. I doubt you check this thread. I was at the IMH orphanage in 1986 and was transported to Utah by Grace Green.
Beth! I found your name mentioned in letters between myself and Sara, whom your daughter apparently took a liking to in the IMH orphanage in Calcutta in 1986.
chandreyeejohnson@gmail.com