Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Desi, I couldn't of even dremaed up some of the lies that were told to me over the years, by my a-dad, my a-mom never told me any lies. When I was 10, my a-dad told me once that my adoption papers were burnt in a building in the Courthouse and there was never any way I could find out my true idenity or that of my birthparents. Then out of the blue when I was 18 and starting my search for my birthparents my a-dad told me that he was friends of friends of my birthfather and that they had told him that my birthmother was killed in a car accident years ago.....well, I was old enough by that time to say "Listen, if you want to tell me the truth,tell me truth, but I can't listen to these lies anymore-he turned white-he continued to drive and that subject was never brought up again". Anyway, I'm 36 and have been searching 1/2 my life for my birthparents, and so recently I confronted my a-dad and asked "please, if you have any other information, I would really appreciate for you to be forthcoming with it", because I really need to know, and I continued on and asked him why he told me all those lies as I was growning up about my birthparents???? I understand he was probably trying to make sure I would never want to find out about my past, but I have always wanted to, mainly because I had a real crappy homelife with my adoptive family, and they were constantly reminding me of what a screwup I was-well, I wasn't a screw up at all, and it wasn't until I was out on my own that I realized it!!!! If you really think about it, the lies just get bigger and better, at least that's what the person telling them thinks, but it is very hurtful to an adoptee, and hopefully prospective adoptive parents will read this post and understand that adoptees only want the truth.