Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I have seen a couple of things on this, and I wanted to start a new thread addressing the issue of lies in closed adoption records, since I have experienced this first hand.
The lies come from everywhere. And everyone feels justified in 'fibbing' just a bit to protect or promote their agenda. Here's my story.
I was told by my aparents that my bmom was 15 years old, sleeping around with a white guy and a black guy - and didn't know who the father was. So, I grew up believe my bmom was a whore. I still had no ill feelings toward her. I prayed that she got her life back together.
My non-id info from the adoption agency said that my bmom was 15 years old and was raped by what she believed to be a black man - but when she saw me - she second-guessed herself. She had a supportive and loving family.
I have now my by bmom and the truth is that she and her white boyfriend cared very much about each other and accidently got pregnant. He wouldn't take responsibility so she protected his identity with the other stories. The part about my bfather being black was to appease my parents (dad black, mom white) who wanted a mixed black child. Once the signed the papers, and I came out, obviously not mixed black - it was too late, and they took me home anyways.
So - the info you receive may be warped - depending on the story-teller. Everyone - be careful
-Desi