Advertisements
Advertisements
I FOUND THIS INFORMATION. IF ANY OF YOU ARE TRYING TO FIND RECORDS FOR THE FLORENCE CRITTENTON HOMES.
CALL THIS NUMBER TO MAKE SURE IF IT STILL EXISTS:
(202)638-2952 EXT.4294 ASK FOR THE FLORENCE CRITTENTON DIVISION.
IF THE PLACE NO LONGER EXISTS THAN YOU WILL NEED TO WRITE TO THIS ADDRESS:
SOCIAL WELFARE HISTORY ARCHIVES
C/O DAVID CLAWSON
101 WALTER LIBRARY
UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA
117 PLEASANT STREET S.E.
MINNEAPOLIS,MINNESOTA 55455
Advertisements
What kind of information can be obtained? I live in NC do they have records for all states?
they have access to records of the people who stayed in those homes and yes they can tell you about ones in different states. if you have a family member that stayed on one of the homes you should call the number i put on my last post and see if it still exists. some of them are still there but the names have changed but they still have the old records. they will tell you if it exists and you go from there. i hope this helps. i am in the proccess now of trying to get records of my moms stay in one in florida. good luck in your search! let me know it goes plz.
Hi, I was an unwed mother who stayed @ a Fc home in Miami Fl.Is that the one that you are currently seeking records from? How is that coming? I would like to get more information on retriving my records from there. Thanks for the info you posted I hope it helps me. Any more info you may have on doing such would be helpful. Good luck to you. I hope you find what you are looking for.
Gerry
Sorry no thats not the one I am trying to get info on. My mom stayed at the one that was in st. petersburg and they wont open their mouths at all about where the records are. the home is something else now so i am hitting a brick wall. grrrr!
Advertisements
thank you fot the info on florence crittenton in nc. i called the number and it still works but called to late to get anyone. i will try again tom. i will let you know if i get anywhere. thanks again. ag.
i want to thank you i have just begun my search and i was hitting brick walls every where i turned and this should be a great deal of help to me may god bless and keep you through your search
I wrote to Minnesota and they wrote back that they did not maintain any records and they sounded that they didn't know what I was talking about. I was at FCH 65-66 Washington, DC
My bmom also stayed at the Flo Crittenton home in St. Pete, FL. She was there sometime in late 1966 as I was born in Jan of 1967. When was your bmom there?
Advertisements
I am in search of any bmoms who may have stayed at the FCH in St. Petersburg, FL in late 1966. My bmom stayed there somewhere in that time. I do have my bmom's name, but am looking for someone who may have befriended her. I was able to locate her in 2000, but she died in January of 1985. Thank you.
Is the number that you posted for the FC homes the main one for all over the USA? i am searching for a number for a FC home that is close to the WV/Ohio border.Does this number have all records or info? please let me know. iso of male born 10/71 or 1072. thanks..
Hi Judi,
Do you know what the (stated) reason is for no records in these states? Were they all destroyed by fires, floods, etc.?
Ted
Originally posted by Judi
No one will find records for FCH, DC; not in Minnesota, Maryland, or DC.
Advertisements
I am a reunited birthmom who was in a FCH in Mobile Ala in 1973 and now am trying to reunite with some of the women that was there at the same time. My reunion with my daughter is wonderful.
Do we have any possibilities to speak with staff people at the F C H in Mobile Thanks Dan