Advertisements
Advertisements
I've been watching the threads on many message boards and it's really not an easy thing to do to search them because what you type in the Subject line of the thread is the most important thing. It makes things much easier for the searchers if you put the date of birth and the state or area where the adoptee was born, that will give people an idea of what's on the message rather than clicking on them and having it be someone from New York or other places. While it's good to take awhile and read some other posts that don't necessarily pertain to you, the majority of posters are searching for their loved ones. So make it easier for them to search and include the date of birth and the area of birth when you post a message.
Advertisements
I could use some help finding a Dorothy Baer Beck? She is my maternal grandmother who gave up 5 children total and it is like she dropped off the earth. Her dob is 11/11/26. Her mother's name was Theresa Uhl Baer and her father was Joseph Baer. I know that she was born and raised in the area of Frankford Ave. in Philadelphia.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Cindi. You need to contact the agency of adoption. If your mother was at the floreence crittenton home in erie, get the phone # from info. and ask for Donnell Steel. She will be able to check your records and if your mother has filed a form giving them permission to give you identifying details, you will have access to all files. Try contacting the PA dept. of Vital Stats. in new castle PA. If you aree 18 or over they can give you infor, at least access to your birth certifct.
Good luck in your search
Billow
Advertisements
Hi Billow,
I'm not sure why i recieved this reply to cindi from you in my email, but was wondering maybe you can help me also. I'm not sure where to start, my mother gave up a babygirl for adoption in 1971 in a hospital somewhere in the vicinity of Mechanicsburg where she stayed at her sisters house. My mother passed away 3 years ago and all i have to go on are the little tidbits that family has told me. I have also posted on this site, but so far I am having no luck. Any helpful info would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
Shelly Cropper
ShyLuvsKwon@aol.com
Hi Shelly: Do you have any information about how your mother's baby was adopted; private adoption, thru an agency. That would be the first step; to research any infor. that might be available. Does your mother's sister know anything? Even the hospt. of birth. My suggestion(s) are that you research as much as possible. From the bureau of Vital Stats. in New Castle get a list of all babies born on that date and year. Contact the hospt. if you can get a name and request birth records. If the adoption was thru an agency call them and get non identiying infor. Post on all the boards possible ie:
fm@yahoogroups.com, ancestry.com, msngroups. com pafind. com
Good luck.
Cindy: I can't seem to find the phone #. Call information in Erie PA and ask for the # of CATHOLIC CHARITIES. Sorry I can't give you the AC either, but infor. can give it to you.
:thankyou: Hi, I was adopted through catholic social services in 1973. i am looking for my biological mother. i was born at Miseracordia Hospital in Phila. The name on my birth certificate was Jennifer Ann Myers/Gelzinus. I think my mother's name might be Jan or Janet. She would be in her 60's now. She had red hair and is about 5'8. I've ran into every brick wall there is, I would appreciate your help. Thank-you,Ang
Advertisements
I am a female born on 07/28/1980. I was born in or near Scranton, PA and adopted through possibly Catholic Social Services. The information I was given is that my birth mother is of English descent, 5'2" blonde hair, blue eyes, fair skin, college graduate, and 26 years of age at my birth. She had a medical history listed as Grave's disease. I am a 26 year old who recently had a little girl and I would be interested to know my background to share it with her. There is no father listed on my birth certificate. I am dark complected with dark hair and dark eyes (obviously not matching my birth mother). I would love to find out about my birth father as well.
ladyg
I'M A BIRTH MOTHER FROM PA BUT LIVE IN INDIANA NOW NEED SOME HELP IN MY SEARCH I GAVE BIRTH TO A BABY BOY ON 12/27/69 AT TRI-COUNTY HOSPITAL IN SPRINGFIELD PA MY SON WAS ADOPTED THE EARLY PART OF 1970 LAWYERS NAME WAS RAYMOND RUBINS I KEEP ON HITTING A BRICK WALL I GOT THE RECORDS FROM THE HOSPITAL BUT IT WASN'T CLEAR BECAUSE IT WAS COPY FROM MICRO FILM THE LAWYER HUNG UP ON ME BEFORE HE DID HE SAID HE BURNED THE RECORDS CAN THEY DO THAT? I DON'T WANT TO INTERFER IN HIS LIFE BUT I GAVE A BEAUTIFUL CHILD THAT I REALLY DIDN'T WANT TOLET GO BUT KNEW I COULDN'T BE SELFISH AND JUST THINK OF MYSELF HE WAS #1 HIS NEEDS CAME FIRST IT WAS ONE OF THE HARDEST THINGS TO DO (THE SECOND IS SEARCHING) WHY CAN'T THE COURTS LET YOU KNOW IF YOUR CHILD IS OK? I'M NOT REALLY SURE WHAT WHAT ELSE TO DO.
baby boy morris by chance? i found this on facebook (Birth mother iso my son dob 12/27/1969 in springfield, Pa. was adopted the early part of 1970 baby boy Morris)heres the link to whom posted it ..... good luck
[url=http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000099581122]Welcome to Facebook[/url] or email me at briantammypierce@yahoo.com
Advertisements
I am searching for my half sister, who was born 10/13/1972 at West Penn Hospital in Pittsburgh, PA - Allegheny County. I believe her adoption was finalized in early Jan/Feb 1973. Her birth mother spent part of her pregnancy at The Zoar Home just outside of downtown Pittsburgh. Birth Mother's last name was Evanish. I have been searching for years and not having much luck. Birth mother refuses to open adoption records on her end. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
Suzanne