Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi-My name is Syl. I have a 7 1/2 year old son who I got right from the hospital when he was 2 days old. He is the love of my life! At different times he has asked about adoption and his birthmother and why he had to be adopted. I thought it might be nice if there were some other children around his age who could correspond with him so he knows he's not the only one out there that has been adopted. He knows no one that has been adopted and sometimes I think it might be neat and good for him to meet someone that was. Thanx so much! (his name is Vinnie):)
hi-my name is nicki. i read your post, and i would really like to talk to your son. i am 18 years old, but i love kids - and i think that it is great that you are trying to find someone for him to talk to. i know that you said that you wanted someone around his age, but i'd love to talk to him or you about adoption. this is my first time using one of these message boards, and i don't feel that i know enough about searching or the details of adoption to have a good conversation with the more "experienced" adoptees. so i think that talking with someone younger who doesn't think about all of the rules would be great! thank you! :)
Advertisements
Hi Nicki-
Thanx for responding! You said you're 18. Do you have any friends or correspond with anyone else that has been adopted? My son has been really curious lately. It seems like there has been a couple times in his life so far where he has been really interested in the fact that he is adopted and especially about his mom and why she gave him up. Do you have any desire to locate your birthparents? If you'd like my email address to correspond, let me know. Looking forward to hearing back from you.
Syl:p
syl -
i actually don't know anyone else that is adopted. :) well i have a few friends that are, but there situations are a bit unique and so i can't relate completely. i am friends with a couple who adopted a baby girl about 7 years ago - but so far she's only asked about me being adopted and not any questions about her birthparents or adoption.
i have a curiousity about my birthparents - i want to know if we have physical/personality traits the same. i'd like to know my story, but i don't really know if i want to meet them or not. i really haven't thought about it long enough to decide.
i don't know if i will be able to answer your son's questions - or if i'd be any help at all. :) but if you think i might be i'll be more than happy to help in any way i can..
take care!
nicki
I was glad to hear of a younger person who is also looking for someone to talk to. My name is Ali (but my Mom is typing this for me). I would like to talk to your Son and share some of the ideas and feelings about being adopted. What are some of the things he'd like to ask me about adoption? Just send and we'll reply.
I think this is the greatest idea for support and healing I have seen here yet.
I know a little girl age 10/11 and boy age 4/5 who might be interested. can you e-mail me your snail mail address and i can pass it on to them.
I wish someone thought of this for me when i found out about my being adopted at the age of seven....I'm still all confused and filled with questions.
Advertisements
Great, please send me the snail mail address of the 10/11 year old girl and we will write to her! Anxiously awaiting your reply.....AMJ 12