Advertisements
Advertisements
I am a legal assistant. I am looking for a sample Petition to Terminate Father's Parental Rights. I am in Orange County, CA. I have one case where the Biological Mom wants to terminate the father's parental rights and he will agree. However, no adoption has yet been started. She wants to move out of state to be with and raise the child with her family. I have another case where the dad had a default judgment entered against him for paternity, then they found out who the bio dad is and a stipulated judgment was then entered naming the bio dad too. So, now the child has 2 dads. The first guy has no relationship with the child; however, the D.A. won't let him off the hook - even though they have found the correct father. So, the first guy with no relationship would like to terminate his parental rights. Any samples that you may have to provide me will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.
You may want to check with the California State Social Services Department. They have a very specific form that has to be filled out in a certain way and witnessed.
Advertisements
Hello I'm looking for the same kind of form. Do you know where I can find it?
Thank you.
Originally posted by afterhourslegal
I am a legal assistant. I am looking for a sample Petition to Terminate Father's Parental Rights. I am in Orange County, CA. I have one case where the Biological Mom wants to terminate the father's parental rights and he will agree. However, no adoption has yet been started. She wants to move out of state to be with and raise the child with her family. I have another case where the dad had a default judgment entered against him for paternity, then they found out who the bio dad is and a stipulated judgment was then entered naming the bio dad too. So, now the child has 2 dads. The first guy has no relationship with the child; however, the D.A. won't let him off the hook - even though they have found the correct father. So, the first guy with no relationship would like to terminate his parental rights. Any samples that you may have to provide me will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.
I was doing a search on line for how to get my ex to terminate his paternal rights and your thread came up. Did you ever get a sample petition? I'm not really sure what to do from here. I haven't seen or talked to him in over a year and a half and he has since moved out of state. I just want to terminate his rights so he can never come after my son. Can you help?
[url]http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/forms.cgi[/url]
The forms may be there, if not there is a link to local courthouses and law libraries that may have them. Good Luck, Teresa
No, I have still not found a sample Petition. There are forms that the Social Services dept has; however, these are governmental forms and not for use by individuals. I am still looking. If anyone finds a sample, I too still need one.
Advertisements
Were you able to find an answer to this question. I'm working on a domestic violence case where the father is willing to voluntarily terminate his rights
A termination of parental rights cannot occur unless there is an adoption petition filed or the termination is done by the state. A parent may not just voluntarily give up rights because they no longer wish to provide support or have lost interest, etc.
I used the governmental form provided by the deparment of social services when my ex gave up his rights and my husband adopted my daughter. The form just had to be witnessed properly.
I hope this helps.
Advertisements
If the other parent will consent, here is where you find the forms. You will want to look for forms AD 2 thru AD 2D. Pick the one you need and print it out. Follow the instructions on the form, just make absolutely sure it is notorized or witnessed properly.
If the bio parent your dealing with is incarcerated a deputy from the facility as witness is acceptable. Make sure they provide title, badge #, facility contact # with signature.
I used form AD 2A and I filed in Pro Per. I filed this with the petition to adopt. I was told by the court clerk when I did this (you may want to double check in your county) that any Officer of the Court could witness this form. ie. an attorney. In California you cannot just terminate your parental rights on a voluntary basis because you do not wish to be responsible, involved, whatever. Someone has to be willing to adopt the child.
The state can terminate parental rights if the child is in foster care, etc. They usually only do this if they feel that the child is adoptable.
These forms are for the state of California.
[url]http://www.dss.cahwnet.gov/cdssweb/On-lineFor_272.htm[/url]
I hope this helps!
HI,
I'm not sure if I posted this already. I'm new to the forum. Do you know if my husband can have his fingerprints taken before the initial interview with the adoption worker? THe petition has already been filed.
Thanks!