Advertisements
Advertisements
If the other parent will consent, here is where you find the forms. You will want to look for forms AD 2 thru AD 2D. Pick the one you need and print it out. Follow the instructions on the form, just make absolutely sure it is notorized or witnessed properly.
If the bio parent your dealing with is incarcerated a deputy from the facility as witness is acceptable. Make sure they provide title, badge #, facility contact # with signature.
I used form AD 2A and I filed in Pro Per. I filed this with the petition to adopt. I was told by the court clerk when I did this (you may want to double check in your county) that any Officer of the Court could witness this form. ie. an attorney. In California you cannot just terminate your parental rights on a voluntary basis because you do not wish to be responsible, involved, whatever. Someone has to be willing to adopt the child.
The state can terminate parental rights if the child is in foster care, etc. They usually only do this if they feel that the child is adoptable.
These forms are for the state of California.
[url]http://www.dss.cahwnet.gov/cdssweb/On-lineFor_272.htm[/url]
I hope this helps!