Advertisements
Advertisements
I received a package from the Johnson County Courthouse in Olathe, Ks. This is the package they send out for simple, consentual, step-parent adoptions.
They just need to be retyped, taken to the court house to be filed and they will give you a hearing date and let you know if there is anything you are missing.
My problem is that the PETITION FOR ADOPTION form is just an example that was copied out of a law book. The page is 364/365 and at the top it says Appendix to Chapter 6, Appendix B, Petitions, Form 1. Stepparent Adoption Petition.
Unfortunately, the lady that was making the copies did not copy from 366-376. I know for a fact that I am missing part of the actual petition form, but don't know if I'm missing any other forms. I have the petition, mothers consent, biological fathers consent.
I do not have the childs consent for those kids 14 and older.
I called the law library, but the book they believe this is from is checked out and I haven't been able to find another copy.
So ... my questions ...
Does anyone have a copy of the book KS Law & Practice, KS Family Law Volume 1 (Elrod) that can look this up and possible fax me a copy of these other pages.
OR
Does anyone have a copy of this petition that they have in soft copy that they can email so I can get this final section ?
The last paragraph on page 365 says:
WHEREFORE: the petitioner asks that he be permitted and authorized to adopt said minor child as his own; that proper final decree be made and entered by this Court for the adoption of said minor child by ..............
ALSO - Does anyone have a copy of the Child's Consent form?
Please email me and let me know if you can help me out.
Thanks a lot!
Rebecca Wenberg
Advertisements
I do not have the info you were asking about but i do have a question. How did you get a hold of the packet?
::confused:
Do you have to call and request one or what do i need to do to get the adoption of my daughter started? I was hoping to get it started before my husband was deployed. We are in Fort Riley so any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)
I don't have the law book,but I went to the court house and copied that section so I know I have the pages that were applicable to my adoption. I have pages 366 and 367--I assume it's from the same book? 366 says
"the petitioner; that the name of said minor child upon adoption by petitioner be changed to [name of adopted child].
let me know if you want me to send you the petition or the actual pages from the book.
Persephone
I don't have the law book,but I went to the court house and copied that section so I know I have the pages that were applicable to my adoption. I have pages 366 and 367--I assume it's from the same book? 366 says
"the petitioner; that the name of said minor child upon adoption by petitioner be changed to [name of adopted child].
let me know if you want me to send you the petition or the actual pages from the book.
I am looking for all of the forms needed for a step parent adoption. I went to an attorney and they aare wanting 1500.00 for the adoption. I know that I can do it myself if I just knew where to get the paperwork. My court house will not give out the forms. does anyone know where I can get them that is not going to cost a lot
Kris4monsters
I am looking for all of the forms needed for a step parent adoption. I went to an attorney and they aare wanting 1500.00 for the adoption. I know that I can do it myself if I just knew where to get the paperwork. My court house will not give out the forms. does anyone know where I can get them that is not going to cost a lot
I would suggest trying maybe to find a lawyer online that practices in this area. There are alot of per diem lawyers that will do work based on the hour so if you only need a motion drafted or something hopefully a couple of hundred bucks.
Below is a list of some attorneys that practice in this area that I have found online. Maybe shoot them an email or call. [url=http://www.legaladvice.com/attorney/category/Adoption-Law-5]Find a Lawyer Search Results[/url]
Best of Luck !!!
Jane
Advertisements
I live in Williamson County Texas, does anyone have all the required forms to file for stepparent adoption and relinquishment of parental rights? Please email them to Mstaeben@hotmail.com. THANK YOU!
All of the Documentation should be Online .
Either at your Local County Courthouse, or the next large or major City Courthouse??
We live in Harris County Texas,has anybody did their stepparent uncontested adoption without a lawyer? The State of Texas and lawyers say you need to use a layer.
I got the petition for adoption from the law library. Not sure what parts I can leave out.Does anyone have their petition they used.The lady at the law office said it has to be laid out the same way.including the lines.a lot of it is not applicable.
Can you send it to my email momsamuelson@hotmail.com
Thanks
Advertisements
We are in Van Zant County, TX. Does anyone have copies of a term and adoption we can copy without a lawyer?
I went to the law library (dallas county) and got the copies fro the law book. I re-typed it I can send that and the copies I obtained. It wasnt too bad following the sample. We are having a lawyer friend look over it now and hopefully will go file next week. I can send what I have if you send me an email.
Hello, im in Dallas Tx can someone please send me a completed sample form. I have the law library copy and im so lost. Renee082212@gmail.com thank you so much.
Hello,
I love in Williamson County and have had great trouble finding the forms needed to do a step parent adoption. If you have the forms could you please send to Jasminea2577@gmail.com
Thank you in advance!!
I live in MO I can find Johnson, Jackson St. Louis, Warsaw counties online, but not Greene and they will not tell me what forms I need. I have specific consent to adopt for my husband mg exhusband signed the termination paper. I would like to get the forms I need so I can get this filed. My daughter is 16. Lisaperrone74@gmail.com
Thank You.
Last update on February 20, 11:04 pm by Lisa Perrone.
Advertisements