Advertisements
Advertisements
I am german born ( 1970 ) and live in the u.s., I need to find a way to find my mom, dad or both from here without my adoption papers, because my adoptive mom cannot understand why I need to find my real parents and I don't want to hurt her feelings! what do I need to do to initiate a search?
Advertisements
Were you adopted here or in the US? You have to find out what agency? Or you can write to the courthouse in the city/state you were adopted out of? When writing to your adoption agency you have to ask for some non-identifying information about your birth family. That's a start. Thanks, Sue
thank you for replying so fast and with so many suggestions! I was adopted in germany in 1970 or 1971.
What is a non identifying information.
I dont really know where i was adopted ( city ) or by what agency, because my mom would not talk about it. The only thing she said it wasn't easy.
I don't know if there are any brothers or sisters either.
How can I find the closest adoption-agency to my home town?
The only thing i know is my other name " Desiree`".
thank you
best regards
andrea bucari
I'd go online & get information about Germany. See if there are any adoption message boards. Then you'll probably have to write letters there to get the information. Let me just look something up..... OK I have a locator kit & this it what it says.....German born adoptees and/or German or American birth parents with German born children will find great assistance by contacting:
Leonie D. Boehmer
805 Alvarado, N.E.
Aburquerque, N.M. 87108
(505) 268-1310
Good news it also says that an adoptee born in Germany looking for a birthparent , your records are open to your inspection. What luck!!! (Unlike here in the US) I never used this, cause I have found my birth uncle in England, but he & my birthmom do not wish contact. Let me know how it goes! Thanks, Sue
Dear Laura,
thank you again!!! I will try to contact the address you have given me right away!
I am very sorry that your experience was not successfull! I am a little bit scared of what might await me on the other side, but I guess we can say we tried!!
All my in-laws have been warning me about that same scenario!
Thank you again so much for your'e support and help!!
best regards,
andrea
Advertisements
Hello, my nam eis Evelyn and I help adopted children from Germany to find her birth mother or Family.
If you Need any help send me a Email to: findyourfamilyingermany@t-online.de
My Homepage is: