Advertisements
Advertisements
I am from Wichita. When we adopted our son we lived in North Carolina and we adopted our daughter through the State of Kansas.
Advertisements
Hello all, though I no longer live in KS (just moved to OK in June 05), I did live in SE KS for 26 years, we have just recently started the adoption process through agency with DHS in OK.
Just wanted to drop in and say hi to all my fellow KSn posters!
Hi all I am in Wichita, KS and am currently adopting a 2.5 yr old from Guatemala with special needs. We were also approached with the possibility of adopting an unborn infant. Our main concern is how long does the birth parent have to revoke her consent. I have read that they have to wait for 12 hours after birth, is this true.
please help and nice to meet you
Nichole
This seemed as good a place as any to post this. For those of you who adopted IN KANSAS, how long were you told your birthparents had to contest the adoption? I was told one thing, my friend was told another and my sons birthparents were told still another. SO. I'm just wondering what you all were told.
I am a bmom from Kansas. Well, kinda...LOL LONG STORY!!! I do miss it sometimes. I loved all of the resources that are around Wichita and all of Kansas for me. Right next to Dr. Tiller's (EVIL MAN!!!) office, there is a BEAUTIFUL pro-life clinic that provided me with wonderful resources. I got to see a 4-D ultrasound of my JohnPatrick, which I shared with Ted and Nathalie at our first meeting at the Hyatt in downtown! Also, almost 6 years ago I went to live at the Bethlehem Maternity Home in Wichita which is founded and ran by Janet Robertson, who has become a surrogate mother of sorts to me. She is an Amom to 2 beautiful grown children! She helped me through placing my youngest, last year. For the first time I think she saw things from a Bmom's POV. I think maybe because we are so close. I held her as her mother died, and I was 7 months pregnant. It is because of the wonderful Pro-Life choices in Kansas that I am where I am today. I am now married, graduated from school, and my husband is adopting my 2 children as soon as he returns from Iraq.
"My handful of tears is worth an ocean of opportunities for them!"
Advertisements
Hi, Kansas-ites.
I'm in CO, but I wanted to say "hi" to people in my college state. I went to Bethany in Lindsborg -- GO SWEDES!!
Carry on my wayward friends...
I was born and adopted at 9 months later in Topeka, Kansas and was told after finding b-family that there was a 1 year period.
Hi everyone from Kansas. I am an adoptive parent of a now 3 year old son... soon to be 4 (in about 3 months). He has been our child since birth and we love him so much. He is still asking when God is going to send his sister. You never know what kids are going to say. If anyone from Kansas or living in Kansas wants to chat message me.
Advertisements
She is Beautiful. Congratulations. I live in Topeka and am in the process of looking for my Niece adopted in Kansas somewhere. Birth Mom wants her to get in touch, since it was a open adoption.
Advertisements
Native Kansan here, Wichita area, tons of family still just north.
Now I am a bit west, in Colorado, but keeping in touch, and went back in June. Planning many more visits too!