Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi,
I'm in Corpus Christi, Texas and am wondering if anyone knows anything about or have dealt with Lutheran Social Services. I'm talking to someone Monday about the Foster/Adopt program. If anyone knows anything about them, please let me know. Thank you! :)
Ashlea
All I know about them is from a book I just finished reading called "Dear Birthmother"....a book on open adoption and how it should work for all members of the triad. It was written by two women from the Lutheran Social Services agency in San Antonio I think.
From what I read in that book, they must be a very good agency in that they consider all sides of the adoption story.
Advertisements
Hi
just wanted to say me and my husband was fostor parents thru luthern social servise back before they turned all their services over to the farm we adopted 4 wonderful children from them i recommend any one who is wanting to go thru the luthern social services to do it we had no problem from them that was only 4 years ago our kids was only 6,2,3, and 8 days old you can e-mail me at jrbr913@cox.net for any more info on them
Hello,
I am currently using Lutheran Social Services of the South, Inc. to assist with my International Adoption. Their agency was featured on one of our local news stations. As far as assistance, they have been great, we are using the agency based out of Austin. They have been very supportive and with their support, as of August 15th, we are at the Home Study phase. :)
Originally posted by jb1965
Hi
just wanted to say me and my husband was fostor parents thru luthern social servise back before they turned all their services over to the farm we adopted 4 wonderful children from them i recommend any one who is wanting to go thru the luthern social services to do it we had no problem from them that was only 4 years ago our kids was only 6,2,3, and 8 days old you can e-mail me at jrbr913@cox.net for any more info on them
I don't have experience with Lutheran in Corpus, but in Austin, they are just fabulous - highly recommend them.
Advertisements
I am so glad to learn that there are so many good reports on this organization. I had an incredible encounter with them. I work for a tourist destination and they contacted me for media clearance to bring a group or Russian orphans to visit. My husband and I just decided to adopt and thought we would look at international adoption since our families are from Czechoslovakia. We have heard that international adoptions can be easier, but didn't know where to begin. I felt like this chance meeting was meant to be. Can anyone tell me what kind of cost might be involved. :confused:
We have had a wonderful experience with them thus far. I would highly recommend them. We were recommended to them by a friend who just got his baby girl. Good luck
Hi dowlik,
So far, the feedback on LSS has been very positive. But, this process is very new for me. Can you tell me what kind of expense we might be expect?
Your cost will be dependent upon the age of the child you choose.
The younger, the more expensive.
If you are looking for a little one under the age of 18 months, you are looking at a total cost to include everything for the adoption at $25,000 t o 28,000ish.
That was out total.
Pam
Advertisements
I am going through Lutheran Social Services in Austin. I was transferred to them from another agency, so all I had to do with them was the home-study. I am patiently waiting now for our approval/license so we can start our waiting :) I have heard wonderful things about them and have had a good experience so far. We are doing Foster/Adopt through the state, so it is probably different than some of y'all who are adopting internationally or open adoption.
Good luck to all of you !!
Our adoption is through the foster to adopt program so it is free; however, Lutheran also does International Adoptions that are as expensive as the other organizations.