Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Cheryl,
Go to adoptpakids site and look under events.
The event entitled perm conference is the one you need to attend (I think) Its in July this year.
Call SWAN or the Pa adoption network at the phone number listed and ask about that event.
If your in the process of adopting from Pa and not matched yet this is a conference you DONT WANT TO MISS.
Ask them to send you a flyer on it so you can go
This is just like the conference I went to when I found our kids profile. (although it was at Penn STate In 1999)
When you find the children you are interested in-send their worker a copy of your homestudy along with contact info for your caseworker.
(I wasn't the kind of person to sit around waiting for a match-I did most of the legwork searching for my match)
With us-I saw my childrens profile in the matching room-the adoption professionals working the room told me the kids caseworker was there at the conference and hooked us up, we sat together for the luncheon, I gave him our homestudy, we met the kids 2 times later that month and they were placed 30 days later for us to adopt.
Our caseworker only had to help us with paperwork, most of my connections were made through the childs worker who was in a different county.
Good Luck.
I sent you an email with my regular hotmail addy in it so feel free to email me anytime you wish.