Advertisements
Advertisements
Safe Haven laws are a reaction against criminal behavior that has become more widely heard of thanks to the media.
Of course babies were abandoned in the past. Of course, children were disposed of in the past. We just didn't know or hear of it as much.
Didn't abandonment used to be considered negligent at the least, and killing an already born child found in a trash can or bathroom, either manslaughter or murder depending on the circumstances?
Who started this safe haven law first? I want to know. It disgusts me. Someone accurately stated, in my opinion, that the issue is that a pregnant woman did not make a plan for the baby.
Isn't that the issue? I think it is. And since when is the mother's failure to plan an excuse for ruining any chance that child has for access to future information and due legal process through legalized adoption?
I'm sorry, but I am so mad about this topic I could spit nails. Sometime, somewhere, no matter what the age, maturity level or emotionally stability of the mother, can't someone just concede that we are supposed to be responsible human beings and do the right thing?
And why is someone trying to bring up the abortion issue? That brings up that age old argument that adoptees should be thankful they weren't aborted but adopted. Now we want to say we should be thankful we were abandoned, not aborted? Yeah right. Thanks so much.