Advertisements
Advertisements
Before you sign this petition you have heard just one negative and in my opinion inaccurate explanation of this law.
I completely disagree with Ray's petition. A women who uses the protection of the Safe Haven law is someone who did not make a plan for their baby before its birth for whatever reason and absolutely does not think they can offer the baby a good life. Generally they will abandon the child in some way and this is why there are babies found dead in trash cans. The law offers them a chance to easily free themselves from the child while giving it the best chance for staying alive and receiving medical care. The babies are kept and checked over and when ready they are then sent to foster care while Child services finds a home for them which in all honesty for a newborn is not going ot be too difficult. In the states where this law has been implemented they have found that the amount of infants found DEAD has decreased. [This in no way is meant any offense to the caring bm's around here as the situations are completly incomparable]
Its your decision but I believe that this is one of the best laws that has come along in a long time!