Advertisements
Advertisements
I was at this home in 77 and whenI applied for information didn'tday but original court summons had my sons as babyboyand my Maiden name
Is this the home that was on Fulton or Fullerton (not sure about the correct name)? When I was there in 1969 it was run by a Dorothy Winters or Wynters. My child was born on July 2or3, 1969. All the babies had the same last name of Christian, to protect the identity. Also, I believe all of the babies were born at St. Marys. I'm not sure if the birth certificates actually used that false last name for all the babies or not. Does anybody know? Thanks
Advertisements
I was in Vanderburgh Christian Home in 1976-77. Mrs Winter was the director and a lady named Mrs Davar worked there also. It was a nice place and we were all treated very well. Of course, most of us were very young and homesick. It was a place that we were all accepted during a time when unmarried pregnant girls weren’t highly thought of. I found out that the home closed down a year or so later. I had my son 3/14/77 at St Mary’s Hospital. We eventually were reunited. Both of us had registered on many of the adoption sites and I had completed a form through the State of Indiana to release info should he ever come looking for me. I wish I could say that everything was great, but unfortunately we haven’t spoken for a couple of years due to his drug use, attitude and behavior. He use an “intermediary” to locate me. I wish all you kids the best in your search fir your birth mother. I was 15 when I got pregnant and 16 when I gave birth. I hope that you all can understand how hard it was for all of us that went there. These decisions were made by our parents. We all wanted our kids to have better than we as mere teenagers could provide. Believe me, I looked at every possibility that I could with regard to keeping my child. My only option would have been to go into foster care with a child. Go to school and work at like a McDonalds. That would not have been a very promising life for a baby. So I did want my child to have 2 parents, that were older and financially able to take care of a baby AND a couple that were wanting a baby and were unable to have one on their own. I want to add that I have mat his parents and grandparents and they were really great people. I will always regret not being able to raise my son, but will be forever grateful to his parents forever all they did. I didn’t get to choose where he went, like people do today.
Don’t give up hope.