Advertisements
Advertisements
Your story really touched me. It broke my heart to hear of all the horrible things that you had to endure. I am so thankful that you do have your family. Children are really great!! And it's truly great how you have gotten on with your life. I do hope that one day you have total peace in your life. I'm not your mother, but if I were, I would be really proud of you. Well, I am proud of you! You have overcome a lot! God bless you!
Advertisements
there are support groups , online and offline that you can join to ask the questions that u just dont know how to ask, i am a bmom searching for my daughter,, and as i read the things you feel , it really scares me because i pray every night that my daughter isnt bitter or angry. and at the same time i can understand if she is, it has been a long 14 years , and every day i think of her and pray that her Aparents are good to her, i am close to contacting her , but i dont know how , because i dont even know if she knows she is adopted, but the questions you feel like will never be answered,,, look to your higher power , and ask the questions, the answers will be there when u least expect it, have faith and may god be with you all
There have been days when have I felt the same way that you do
and I am sorry that you are having a rough time. These forums can be viewed by all and perhaps your words may offend some people, but remember that your feelings are valid and if you want to share those feelings to get them off your chest; so that you wont offend anyone ,please feel free to pm me because I will listen. anger and sadness if not released can consume you
and let us not forget that the truth shall set you free. I realize that birth mothers may take this wrong and personal these comments that you have made but I believe that this is not about them. It is called venting and we all need to vent at times. who better than those of us adoptees that have been there. Dont feel wrong for how you feel , you have just as much right as anyone else in these forums to express yourself. This is america. Now mind you I am not trying to start a P*****ing contest with anyone in these forums,but it really irratates me when someone tries to tell me how to express my feelings anywhere . I know the difference between appropriate and inappropriate and I am offended that anyone in this supportive environment would dare
tell someone else how they should write what they feel. If someone is offended by that ,then I am sure by the same tools that were used to express their feelings to reply to the original post , will be the same tools you can use to get over it. We are here to support one another not judge them on how they feel including bms adoptees bfs etc:)
thanks for the words and support.
Actually I don't feel bitter or angry, as someone else wrote your past is just that, your past. I have moved on with my life and am a much stronger and open minded person because of all this.
I feel sad that you are so bitter about adoption. I think it is a much better alternative than others and it does help people who are unable to have children naturally. My a-parents tried for years to have children and my a mom had several miscarriages, she adopted my a-brother and then me and we were given very happy and loving lives. I am in the waiting stages of hopefully hearing back from my b-mom...i don't see her as abandoning me, i see her as giving me a wonderful opportunity at life that she probably couldn't provide for me. I wish you peace of mind and a good dictionary.
Advertisements
what did you mean by a good dictionary ? how rude. People have the right to express themselves. I dont believe telling someone to get a dictionary, is a very supportive statement. Compassion and understanding would probabaly be better taken, than a put down from someone who did not wether what others have .My life wasnt bad either ,but that does not make it ok to make condescending statements to those that were not as blessed.
Hi,
My advice would be to vent your answers and concerns to be able to come to a place where you can go forward without any of the bitterness that is now in your heart. You must remember that if nobody adopts children because "adoption sucks" there would be millions of children around the world without the priviledge of family life. I can tell you from experience that to be a biological child in a not so perfect family is not great either!
fIRST OF ALL i HAVE ASKED TO HAVE MY POST TAKEN OUT BECAUSE IT IS OBVIOUSLY MAKING SO MANY PEOPLE ANGRY.
I NEVER SAID I FELT ABONDONED. THAT WAS SOMEONE'S POST NOT MINE.
MY STORY IS MY STORY TO EXPLAIN WHY I HAVE SUCH FEELINGS AS "ADOPTION SUCKS"
I AM NOT ANGRY AT MY BIRTH MOTHER. I AM ANGRY THAT ADOPTIONS BACK THEN WAS THE WAY IT WAS, THAT I'M 29 YEARS OLD AND HAVE ONLY MY KIDS AND HUSBAND FOR FAMILY. THAT MY BACKGROUND IS OUT OF MY REACH, AND ALL OF MY QUESTIONS CAN NOT BE ANSWERED.
PLEASE IF YOU HAVE NOTHING NICE OR SUPPORTIVE TO SAY, STOP POSTING HERE. i AM HERE FOR SUPPORT AND UNDERSTANDING